Senior Researcher, Brand Strategy at Netflix
Senior Researcher, Brand Strategy
- Remote, United States
- Consumer Insights
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service for over 200 million members in over 190 countries worldwide. We’re continuing our quest towards entertaining the world and plan to delight the global members of today and tomorrow to achieve this. The Consumer Insights team at Netflix plays a crucial role in this mission by conducting research and delivering insights that enhance the member experience and elevate the voice of the consumer in business decision-making.
The Brand & Emerging Experiences Research team is charged with keeping Netflix ahead of the curve by shifting focus to previously underserved innovation areas and understanding consumers’ perceptions of the Netflix brand and reputation in global markets. Our company-wide perspective ensures that our insights inspire decisions. This Senior Researcher role will serve as the dedicated CI partner to the Global Brand and Communications Teams and with other cross-functional partners to inform and participate in the development and execution of brand strategy.
This is an opportunity to lead rich consumer research to guide the vision and strategy for the Netflix brand and deliver breakthrough insights that will have an impact on a global scale. You’ll partner with cross-functional teams passionate about providing the most engaging, innovative, and brand-building experiences.
In this role, you will:
- Design and execute impactful quantitative and qualitative research to support the marketing and communications organizations
- Integrate insights from across several different groups, including key opinion formers (press, governments, etc.), industry, consumers, etc., when relevant, leveraging many data types, qualitative and quantitative, 3rd party, etc. to tell a holistic story
- Deliver a truly Global POV, connecting dots and articulating actionable strategic insights that are future looking
- Offer consistent strategic consultation by building trusted partnerships with key internal stakeholders, offering a strong strategic point of view, and challenging where needed.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners and CI and analytics teams to leverage various data types and connect the dots.
- Demonstrable experience in qualitative and quantitative research, including hands-on experience in developing discussion guides, surveys, and data analysis
- Experience managing agencies/vendors
- Experience with brand strategy (e.g., brand platforms, brand architecture, identity), positioning, campaign development, messaging, and copy testing research.
- Strong business acumen, including an understanding of industry trends
- A global mindset informed by experience conducting international research
- Comfort exploring controversial or sensitive topics
- A balance of creative and analytical skills with the ability to proactively define research questions, identify appropriate methods, execute studies, and synthesize findings
- Strong communicator with a bias toward action to proactively collaborate with multiple teams across the company
- Passionate about translating findings into actionable strategic business recommendations
- An advanced degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Social Sciences, Marketing, or a related field is preferred but not required