Senior Rendering Engineer at Improbable
Senior Rendering Engineer
- Gaming and Production
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
- You will be a foundational hire in our newly formed UK Games Studio, helping us build the next generation of Games on our SpatialOS platform.
- As part of the Improbable Game Studio, you will have an opportunity to define the next generation of deeply interactive online experiences.
- Help us create games that allow for new depths of simulation, destruction, and physical interaction at an unprecedented scale. Our technology allows us to experiment with genuinely new mechanics, both big and small. We’re learning new skills within a massively networked environment that we believe is the future of gaming.
- The impact to a project expected from a Team Lead Engine Programmer is focused on driving the Engine team forward as a single unit.
Areas of Impact
- Have heavy involvement in the creation of Engine Programmer processes, pipelines, and discipline.
- Communicate the status of software requirements and process to other departments.
- Collaborate with Design, Art, Animation, Audio, QA and work in tandem when needed.
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the Engine features within the game.
- Display a high degree of discipline in ensuring the team is following industry standard software engineering processes.
- Drive the team to create consistent, high quality engine features in industry standard timelines.
- Own the overarching delivery plan for Engine within the game.
- Mentor other Engine programmers.
We’d like to hear if you if you identify with the following:
- Expert in communicating the status of software initiatives and workloads to other departments.
- Expert in managing workload within the team.
- Excellent in the distribution of work to team members with appropriate skill sets.
- Excellent in self-managing workloads through Jira or another tracking methodology.
- Excellent in managing workloads of Engine Programmers and identifying work that needs to be completed.
- 3+ years experience in C++.
- Experience with Unreal would be preferable
- Able to create tutorials, guides, or other important documentation for more junior staff members.
- Able to mentor more junior members of the software team.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!