Senior Regulatory Strategy Counsel at Kraken
Senior Regulatory Strategy Counsel
(US & Canada)
- Full-Time, Onsite or Remote
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our ‘remote first’ culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you’re invited to join the revolution!
About the role
This is a fully remote role for a lawyer licensed to practice in the United States or a qualified lawyer in Canada.
- Plan and implement company-wide regulatory strategy for rapidly evolving regulatory landscape in the crypto industry
- Guide new product creation and regulatory acquisition strategy working with the product and strategy teams
- Work with prominent financial services regulators on cutting-edge regulatory issues
- A proactive, entrepreneurial mindset
- An opportunity-making attitude, using the law to increase the company’s optionality
- At least ten years of relevant experience applying financial laws and regulations, whether at a top law firm, in house, or at a regulator or self-regulatory organization
- Admitted to practice law in the United States or professional legal qualification as a practicing lawyer in Canada
- Interest in crypto