Senior Product Manager – Envisioning
Multiple Locations: Phoenix, Arizona; United States; Palo Alto, California; New York, New York; Sunrise, Florida
Categories: Digital Commerce
Global Network Services & Transformation (GNS&T) is a new team tasked with envisioning the American Express Payment Network of the future and executing the cross-functional transformation necessary to deliver it. This global team will define and deliver new services and capabilities to drive business differentiation, growth, and a digital global payments Network that is an enabler of rapid innovation. The Network Modernization (NeMo) Program team has been established to implement a full-scale modernization of the American Express Global Network over three years. NeMo will rebuild the American Express Network from the ground up and is focused on designing a truly digital global payments network that is agile and ready for rapid innovation. The NeMo Program is a strategic imperative for the enterprise.
The Senior Product Manager is part of the NeMo Envisioning Team, which is focused on core network transaction processing. This team interfaces with business partners and technical architecture teams to define business architecture, high level processes and the business justification for development scope. These deliverables are critical to defining scoping priorities and mapping program scope to business value.
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to demonstrate a strategic mindset, operate as a core member of a large modernization program and develop innovative payment capabilities.
- Collaborate with business partners to elicit scope, define business value, establish high-level processes and link to NeMo program goals
- Work with business and technology partners to identify and deliver Network capabilities on the new Network
- Own and manage the Network Modernization backlog for transaction processing which includes creating and reviewing Initiatives, Capabilities and high level Features
- Work collaboratively across various stakeholder groups such as GNO, Acquiring and Issuing Businesses, Marketing, Technologies, Compliance and other cross functional areas
- Influence, lead and communicate to all levels across a broad range of customers and constituents
- Develop a technical understanding of the new Network as it is being built
- Provide consultancy to business partners to ensure that processes and platforms are utilized appropriately
- Ability to think strategically and understand how solution approach fits into technical environment
- Experience eliciting and articulating business requirements
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to clearly articulate complexities
- Experience with Agile Delivery Framework
- Experience delivering complex system development
- Driving results and collaborating in a cross-functional and global environment
- Strong communication, collaboration, presentation and influencing skills
- Flexibility in supporting various time zones, as this role supports a global initiative
- Independent thinker and comfortable with making project level decisions
The ideal locations will at the following American Express offices: NYC Headquarters, Phoenix, AZ, Palo Alto, CA, Sunrise, FL. Relocation can be highly considered.
This role could also be considered for virtual support.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time