Senior Product Manager, Core Platform at Underdog Fantasy
Title: Senior Product Manager, Core Platform
Location: United States/Remote
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry — and **supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Player Account Management team you will play a crucial role for driving innovation of the shared services utilized by our Fantasy and Sports Betting (coming soon!) applications. You will have the opportunity to shape the way players create and manage their accounts, ensuring seamless account creation, authentication, and user management processes. The Core team is responsible for building and maintaining all shared services at Underdog including authentication, authorization, player account management, responsible gaming, payments, and wallets. This role will work cross functionally with leaders in the Fantasy and Sport Betting teams to identify problems/opportunities and develop appropriate solutions.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Identify ways for our shared services to improve the customer experience of our Fantasy and Sports Betting applications.
- Understand the technology stack, dependencies between applications and how data flows between them
- Partner with design, engineering, and leadership to scope new features.
- Translates unstructured or ambiguous requests into actionable user stories with clear product requirements.
- Keep product documentation up to date and maintain development speed by responding to developer questions in a timely manner.
- Lead stand-ups, grooming, planning, and retro sessions with your development team.
- Engages frequently with the development team by facilitating discussions, providing clarification, story acceptance and refinement sessions, testing and validation.
- Set success metrics for new features/products and track metrics post launch to guide iterative improvements.
- Play an active role in cross-team collaboration, creating new processes when necessary to more effectively stay aligned.
- Ensure design & engineering are engaged stakeholders in all product initiatives. Proactively solicit their input for roadmap decisions & planning.
- Facilitate conversations and establish guidelines to create a successful delivery process across teams
Who you are:
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Influential in getting buy-in for complicated and long term product investments
- An experimentation mindset centered around forming clear hypotheses and creating ways to quickly validate or invalidate new ideas
- An expert at transforming conflicting or ambiguous inputs from customers and stakeholders into clear and actionable plans
- Ability to create a culture of inclusion and empathy within your team, creating a safe space for open and honest communication
Even better if you have
- Experience vetting 3rd party integrations and managing relationships with vendors
- Experience as a Platform or Shared Services product manager, building tools supported by multiple clients
- Experience working within a regulated industry
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $145,000 and $180,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we’re willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we’re extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more