Senior Product Manager at Raise Marketplace
Senior Product Manager
Raise is the leading mobile payments and prepaid gift card platform where millions of consumers earn instant cash back and save money on purchases. The company has transformed traditionally simple pieces of plastic into one powerful payment mechanism that can be seamlessly used at 300,000+ retail locations nationwide.
As a marketplace with 4,000+ brands and 500 retail partners, Raise enables consumers to save money and instantly pay for in-store or online purchases at their favorite stores using their digital mobile wallet. In addition to offering value and convenience for consumers, Raise allows retailers to unlock a new, data-driven channel to activate targeted segments of the platform’s more than 2.5 million members.
Added to our suite of products is Slide, a revolutionary contactless payment app that saves members money everywhere they shop, and rZero, a custom approach to fraud prevention that can be applied to each unique customer scenario.
Since 2013, Raise has saved members more than $150 million. The company is based in Chicago and has received $147 million in funding from investors including Accel, Bessemer Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates, and PayPal. Raise is available on both iOS and Android and at www.raise.com.
About the Position
As a Product Manager, you will serve as an expert on the customer and market, translating market needs into product strategy, vision and roadmap. You will translate the roadmap into clear user stories, clarifying requirements and creating a delivery plan that can be built by the Product Development team. In addition, you will evangelize, align, prioritize and sequence feature delivery across teams, groups and organization sub-functions while analyzing quantitative and qualitative data and feedback for actionable insights, tracking and communicating KPIs, and the impact on the business. Essentially, this role brings simplicity and clarity to issues at hand distilling complex problems into very manageable and tractable solutions for teams.
Responsibilities and Competencies
- Employs deep subject matter expertise to drive the development of new and innovative ideas, and develops and champions a product area vision and strategy
- Produces a product roadmap for a complete product area with realistic and accurate phasing, communicates product roadmap to cross-functional partners and stakeholders, and proactively identifies and manages interdependencies
- Drives the product discovery process for large, complex projects to assess product features and specifications that will solve complex business issues; manages vendor relations for third-party services.
- Defines business rules that account for all permutations and edge cases, prioritizes requirements appropriately to ensure alignment with success metrics, and effectively communicates prioritization to Business and Engineering partners.
- Anticipates and proactively communicates cross-functional dependencies of all product decisions and ensures that critical business issues are surfaced and considered in a timely manner.
- Defines the overall measures of product success and has deep understanding of the product analytics; conducts complex product analyses and understands how advanced analytical solutions can be used to maximize product impacts.
- Creates clear, concise, and organized communication materials (e.g., Epics, User stories, presentations, messages, etc.) for use across the group.
- Makes recommendations to modify the company’s sales approach, prices and/or marketing and distribution methods based on advanced analyses of competitor information.
- Leads and executes the system design on key new products and concepts, utilizing user centered methodologies and best-in class tools and practices to design exceptional new products.
- Serves as an expert on industry issues, including trends and challenges or concepts; provides guidance and expertise to unique situations.
- Stays abreast of trends in Raise’s customers’ purchase and usage habits and provides expert insight to guide others developing or improving products.
- Manages and leads the product development lifecycle to reduce time to market, improve product quality and ensure product success.
- Translates complex customer business requirements and/or new situations into action steps/plans and/or customized designs; manages the prioritization of business expectations and requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of market segments as well as market data trends and makes recommendations accordingly.
Skills & Qualifications
- Five years of product management experience in an e-commerce or B2C organization
- Background in agile development methodologies
- Business or computer related bachelor’s degree, masters strongly preferred
Raise offers a comprehensive benefits package to all our employees, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with discretionary company match
- Company-paid short-and-long-term disability
- Company-paid life insurance
- Pre-tax health flex spending and dependent care plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy, including sick time, unlimited vacation, and Raise Gives Back time off for volunteering
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Paid parental leave
- Voluntary benefits, such as Pet Insurance and Identity Protection
Raise is a place where everyone can learn and grow. Regardless of your check list of qualifications, we encourage you to apply if you feel this role is a good fit for your skills.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!