Senior Product Designer – Content Platform at Spotify
Senior Product Designer – Content Platform
NEW YORK, NY or Remote Americas
DESIGN AND USER EXPERIENCE EXPERIENCE
Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for an enthusiastic product designer with a systems-thinking mindset to join our Content Platform team. We are a central enabler for the Spotify business, delivering a complete, available and enriched catalog of music, podcasts, videos and more. We seek to make the catalog more comprehensive by investing in the thoughtful design of tools for providers who deliver content and internal Spotify teams who consume that content.
Join us in building out the young business area of content provider services. You will craft tools and services that our customers use to engage with Spotify in an intuitive and seamless way alongside our growing multidisciplinary design team located across Stockholm, New York and London. Our design team believes in the power of innovation through effective collaboration, closely partnering with Content Operations, Product, Tech, and Research/Insights teams.
What you’ll do
- Set the tone and vision of human-centered experiences in enterprise products while creating the space for collaboration
- Craft the vision for the user experience and fostering shared understanding of the problem spaces together with your cross-functional partners
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams made up of representatives from engineering, product, and operational support to build and maintain an end-to-end user experience for our content providers
- Drive progress through obstacles by building alignment and making decisions taking responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way. You’ll provide teams with the methods, processes, and solutions needed to execute strategy.
- Consider problems from multiple angles. You’ll produce an array of divergent approaches informed by user needs, business objectives, and technical capabilities, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
Who you are
- You are an excellent systems thinker. You are able to think beyond your immediate problem and to consider it within the context of a wider ecosystem. You are good at mapping out larger problem spaces to set the context for your work
- You have a people-focused design mentality and have the communication and facilitation skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You have the ability to speak confidently to your own design work and convince others of your reasoning
- You value collaboration and enjoy working closely with engineers and product managers to solve problems by building elegant solutions as a team
- You care about the impact of your work. You have experience tracking the usage of products you build and use the data to measure its success
- You are proficient in data-informed product design and development. You are comfortable leveraging insights and data with the design craft (systems design, experience and visuals) to deliver high quality enterprise products
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration purposes.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our work from anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.