Senior Product Designer at GameChanger
Senior Product Designer
We believe sports are important because they encourage leadership, teamwork, responsibility, and confidencecritical life lessons that have the power to propel our youth toward meaningful futures. We recognize that without coaches, parents, and volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those dedicated heroes and make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger provides teams across the country with team management and scorekeeping capabilities, as well as live fan experiences that keep parents, family, and friends engaged as games are announced, animated, and video streamed in real-time. With GameChanger, coaches and parents are able to organize and follow their athlete’s journey in a simple and powerful way.
Based in downtown Manhattan, GameChanger is a cutting-edge technology company and a proud member of the DICK’S Sporting Goods family.
The design team rallies around our obsession for simplifying the youth sports experience because the lives of coaches, parents and players is anything but simple. We aspire to provide them with a seamless and transparent experience so they can enjoy participating in youth sports and not have to worry about the headaches.
We’re artists, musicians, magic card players, travelers and cooks. Most of us don’t even play or follow sports. What inspires us is the idea that sports can help make a difference in developing the youth in our world.
- Fully remote in the US with the option to work at our NYC HQ when it reopens
- Flexible work schedule
The role demands creative problem solving, great execution and the ambition to take projects from start to finish. You must be someone who is energized by the idea of achieving our ambitious goals with your teammates in product, engineering, and marketing. You’re a critical thinker with an innovative approach to making products simple enough for anyone to understand and use.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the end-to-end design process on a cross-functional product team and ship features across mobile and web platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to influence the shape of the product from conception to execution through a user centered approach.
- Speak with customers frequently, collect data, test prototypes and translate research insights into meaningful outcomes. You’ll work iteratively to define problems and quickly find solutions.
- Facilitate design sprints and workshops to develop high quality solutions.
- Help evolve and grow the design practice at GameChanger. Contribute to our design system, be vocal in design critiques, share inspirational resources, and aid in brainstorms.
- Question the status quo and advocate for change.
Who You Are:
- You’ve been designing user-centered experiences for at least 5 years.
- You’ve designed and shipped native iOS and Android apps.
- Your portfolio isn’t just high-fidelity mockups, you show process, sketches, collaboration, and reflection. You have at least two detailed case studies.
- You’ve taken large problems and broken them down into bite-sized measurable chunks.
- You have experience conducting user research; facilitating user interviews, user tests, digging through data and synthesizing findings to identify trends and make recommendations.
- You advocate for design by articulating and presenting the rationale behind your ideas.
- You care about moving your team forward and look for ways to positively impact the team, not just the product.
- You’re focused on results and constantly looking for ways to make the user experience better.
- You take the time to seek out and provide meaningful feedback, because you know it’s the best way to grow.
- You are self-aware and humble.
- Work remotely or from our well-furnished, modern office in NYC’s FiDi
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Technology stipend – $3,500 every 2 years to purchase new technology.
- Full health benefits – medical, dental, vision, prescription, FSA/HRA, etc., as well as coverage for family/dependents.
- Life insurance – basic life, supplemental life, and dependent life.
- Disability leave – short term disability and long term disability.
- Retirement savings – 401K plan offered through Vanguard.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave.
- Commuter benefits.
- DICK’S Sporting Goods Teammate Discount.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!