Senior Product Designer at Food52
Senior Product Designer
- FULL-TIME, PERMANENT
In this time of national reckoning, we at Food52 are having hard conversations about our role in a food media landscape that overlooks marginalized voices. We’re committed to building a community that values and honors the contributions of the Black, Indigenous, and POC communities to our shared culinary experience—starting with the Food52 family. You can read about our support of the Black Lives Matter movement here.
As part of an ongoing initiative, we are focusing our efforts to put diversity, equity, and inclusion at the center of our hiring process and our company culture—and build a team that better reflects our desire for equal representation in everything we do. Our goal is systemic change at Food52.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer who will help lead our design team to shape the future of experiences at Food52 across our content, commerce, and community platforms. Reporting to the VP of Design & UX, you will craft modern, beautiful designs that push the brand’s digital presence forward, all while maintaining a laser-sharp focus on our primary goals of usability and first-class customer experience. Partnering closely with product managers and engineers, you’ll work on key strategic company initiatives that not only elevate and iterate on existing features, but also explore new, potentially game-changing growth areas we’ve never tried before. You will be joining a small but mighty team of designers, working across the full-range of the design process from in-depth research and wireframes to visual execution, prototyping, and user-testing.
The ideal candidate is a star collaborator who values feedback and insight from fellow designers and product managers, but is equally comfortable working independently to discover new ways to approach more open-ended problems, thriving in defining the unknown. You believe that striking visuals should work in service to overall functionality, and that goal-oriented designs which achieve the perfect intersection of addressing the needs of the business with the needs of the user are what take a feature from good to extraordinary. You are a strategic, out-of-the-box thinker with a passion for keeping up with the latest design and interaction trends, and you have a unique appreciation for examining the data around user behavior which directly informs your design choices. You have an obsession with detail, and are comfortable with meeting deadlines, working fast, testing and iterating, and collaborating closely with different teams. You’ll be a critical part of bringing our content, shop, and brand vision to life by creating meaningful experiences for users across multiple platforms and channels.
- Help lead and define original experiences and features that focus on customer needs and propel the growth of our unique content, commerce, and community business model
- Craft thoughtful sketches, wireframes, visual designs, and prototypes for a wide range of on-site experiences defined by the product roadmap and overall company goals
- Conduct competitive analysis and general research across different digital platforms and make recommendations for creative, impactful design solutions
- Collaborate closely with product managers and external team stakeholders to understand and help shape product requirements, define goals, and utilize data to inform designs
- Lead usability testing efforts when needed, to help guide and iterate on user flows and interactions
- Present designs to key stakeholders in design reviews, clearly outlining methodology and motivations behind designs
- Help develop and maintain a cohesive Design Language System that can be utilized consistently across the brand
- Support with production, troubleshooting, and QA as needed
- Assist in workflow process, preparing production-ready assets and maintaining standards of documentation
- Evangelize a user-focused, mobile-first way of thinking throughout the company
- Minimum 4 years of experience in product design, ideally at an e-commerce, technology, media, or lifestyle company
- An exceptional portfolio showing beautiful design work with a strong sense of typography, color theory, and grid systems.
- Experience with crafting thoughtful wireframes, user flows, and prototypes at various fidelity levels, with a good grasp of UX best practices and principles.
- Expertise with standard design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
- Experience with prototyping tools such as InVision, Figma, and Principle (or others) is a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefit options (including some that are free for you!), flexible spending account, and any-time access to professional mental health advice
- Annual bonus plan
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Free life and AD&D insurance
- Unlimited vacation days (including two company-wide weeks off for Summer Week & Winter Week!)
- Discounted gym memberships and a free Citibike membership
- Pre-tax commuter benefit plan
- Flexible hours and working arrangements
- So many snacks!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!