Senior Product Designer at Buffer
Senior Product Designer
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our fully remote and mission-driven team.
Full-time · Remote
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to help us iterate and improve upon the foundation we’ve built as well as help imagine what’s next.
You’ll refine and improve existing workflows and features with our content management, scheduling, analytics, and engagement tools. Beyond our core offerings, you’ll explore and bring to life entirely new interfaces and experiences – both inside and outside of social media – to better help small businesses get off the ground and grow.
We are a design team of 4 designers, working fully remote and spread across Europe, North Africa, and the US. Each designer works closely with a dedicated Product Manager and engineering team on a specific area of our product.
To be successful in this role you’ll need strong analytical and collaboration skills, the ability to work highly self-directed in a remote and distributed environment, and a strong understanding of UX best practices to ensure we are building the right solution to the right problems.
What you’ll do
- Work across the full product design life cycle from discovery to delivery
- Collaborate closely with your product manager in discovering, defining and developing both big and small product features
- Collaborate with engineers and other designers, as well as product marketing and customer advocacy in iteratively delivering product improvements to our customers
- Cover both interaction/UX and visual/UI design, as well as related activities like research and customer interviews
- Be the voice of our customers and advocate for their needs and abilities.
- Actively contribute to ongoing improvements of the design teams processes, culture, and tools, including our design system.
Desired skills and experience
- General: At least 4 years of experience as a product designer, covering the full end-to-end product design life cycle from early problem exploration and definition, over detailed UX and visual design, to collaboration with developers during implementation.
- Process: Strong understanding of UX and UI design, processes, patterns, and best practices
- Problem solving: Effective approaches to solving complex problems, incorporating data and feedback from multiple sources. Ability to generate multiple solutions with a clear understanding of their impacts.
- Interaction design: Ability to design intuitive, effective and consistent flows and screen
- Visual design: Ability to design visually engaging and delightful interfaces
- Technical: Solid understanding of possibilities and constrains of web platforms and relevant design patterns
- Collaboration: Ability to work within a larger team and across disciplines, locations and time zones
- Communication: Ability to effectively express yourself concise and clearly in talking, writing and visually, to a variety of audiences and stakeholders
- Business: Ability to understand larger business goals and strategy, and to develop matching design solutions
- Work standards: High standards for your work, attention to details, and an ongoing desire to learn and improve
- Other: A strong portfolio showcasing your previous work including starting points, process, end results, and impacts.
- Fun fact: We use Figma and FigJam at Buffer.
Where you’ll work
Buffer is a fully distributed remote team, which means we’re spread across the planet. We have Bufferoos in 22 countries and 58 cities around the world that help us build a great culture and product. You can work wherever in the world you’re happiest and most productive.
What we value
Transparency, gratitude, and improving consistently are just a few of the values that contribute to Buffer’s culture of optimism, empathy, and results.
We are looking for a person who understands this culture and will thrive within a team of people passionate about self-improvement, honesty and openness.
Perks and Benefits
Competitive salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is $140K – 172K USD.
Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like!
4-Day workweeks: Our schedule is four workdays, with a flexible, meeting-free fifth day for overflow tasks or personal time as you see fit.
Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US.
Home office setup: Get a laptop + $1000 to set up your home office!
‘Growth mindset’ fund: Extra money for learning and development.
Minimum vacation: At least 3 weeks/year!
Savings plan match: With 3% company match
Profit sharing: When the company does well, all team members share the profits!
Family leave: 16 weeks of family leave for all parents, fully paid
Free books: Get a free Kindle and all the free books – digital, physical, and audio – you like, anytime.
Sabbaticals: Take a 6-week break, fully paid, after every 5 years with Buffer.