Senior Product Designer at GoFundMe
Senior Product Designer
Want to help us, help others? Were hiring!
GoFundMeis a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causesfor themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world – join us!
Asking for help is a big emotional hurdle. Were looking for a Senior Product Designer that can play a significant role in making this easier, more supportive, and less stressful.
You will drive discovery, ideation, and design in partnership with Product and Engineering. Our design team has ambitious goals to reimagine our experiences and elevate our designs to become a truly world-class experience for our users. You will be a key team member driving this evolution.
Candidates considered for this role will be located in one of the following locations: San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, or New York.
- Help define the visual design strategy for the product and work with other designers to drive consensus across teams.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to drive design decisions that create user value and business impact.
- Facilitate design workshops with cross-functional team members to ideate, brainstorm, and establish conceptual direction.
- Create and deliver high-fidelity designs, prototypes, and specifications.
- Contribute to and help evolve the Heart design system.
- Collaborate with the product team to take conceptual ideas and turn them into usable, delightful, and valuable product features.
- Actively participate in group design critiques to solicit and provide thoughtful feedback.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions.
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Designer working in-house or at an agency
- Expert understanding of the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, and proportion
- You have great aesthetic judgment and attention to detail.
- You are skilled at articulating your design decisions.
- End-to-end experience designing consumer-facing experiences for web and mobile.
- You are a problem solver that requires very little guidance on projects and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the ability to take initiative, prioritize, manage workloads, and meet project deadlines.
- You are an excellent communicator and can clearly articulate your design decisions, ideas, and vision.
- You are empathetic and have a user-centered approach to design.
Why youll love it here…
- Market competitive pay.
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee-only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles.
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses.
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees.
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend.
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday.
- Learning & development and recognition programs.
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups.
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- Youll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $137,500 – $185,500 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
Were proud to partner withGoFundMe.org, an independent public charity, to extend the reach and impact of our generous community, while helping drive critical social change. You can learn more about GoFundMe.orgs activities and impact in theirFY 23 annual report.
Ourannual Year in Help reportreflects our communitys impact in advancing our mission of helping people help each other.
For recent company news and announcements, visit ourNewsroom.