Senior Paralegal / Telecom Regulatory Compliance Manager at Twilio
Title: Senior Paralegal / Telecom Regulatory Compliance Manager
Location: Remote – US
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Paralegal / Telecommunications Regulatory Compliance Manager.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we’re headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We’re on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
We are looking for a Senior Paralegal / Telecommunications Regulatory Compliance Manager to join our Legal Strategy & Operations function, supporting global telecommunications regulatory compliance initiatives for Twilio’s Communications Business Unit, as well as certain procurement-related tasks. Reporting to the Director of Legal Strategy & Operations, you will project manage complex compliance initiatives simultaneously, from start to finish, and across various stakeholders within the Legal Department, Product Management, R&D, Carrier Relations, and our external law firms.
You will also ensure Twilio meets its regulatory reporting obligations and responds to regulatory inquiries and audit requests in a timely manner, and assist with a variety of ad hoc compliance related projects. The right candidate for this role will have strong program and project manage skills and a solid understanding of telecommunications regulatory compliance and its complexities on a global scale. If you like solving problems and creating order out of chaos, this is the role for you.
In this role, you’ll:
- Project manage multiple complex regulatory compliance initiatives across multiple stakeholders from start to finish
- Serve as the first point of contact to review and respond to regulatory inquiries, requests for information, and audits in a timely manner and coordinate with internal legal colleagues and stakeholders on these responses, as necessary
- Ensure Twilio adheres to its regulatory reporting requirements, which includes performing quality assurance checks prior to submitting reports to regulators and serving as an escalation point to the business for complex regulatory reporting requests
- Perform a variety of legal research and due diligence regarding telecommunications licensing and regulatory compliance requirements in specific countries, including conducting compliance gap analyses to determine non-compliance risks
- Track the status of all regulatory compliance initiatives and gap analyses across the Communications Business Unit and ensure they are kept accurate and up-to-date at a regular cadence
- Liaise with outside counsel on regulatory compliance initiatives and summarize outside counsel’s recommendations in a manner that is tailored to Twilio’s compliance needs and posture
- Review and negotiate a variety of procurement agreements (e.g., software agreements, services agreements, event agreements, marketing agreements), as needed
- Identify areas for, devise, and assist in implementing process improvements to unlock efficiencies
- Manage internal budgets and invoicing related to regulatory compliance-related legal work
- Provide support on a variety of ad-hoc operational projects and tasks
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years in a paralegal or compliance manager role, with 3+ years experience specifically with telecommunications regulatory compliance-related work
- Experience reviewing procurement agreements
- Strong program and project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at any given time
- Strong people skills and ability to work with different stakeholder on a global basis
- Experience identifying and recommending process improvements
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Enjoys being the go-to process expert
- Ability to read and write in French is a plus
- A strong knack for using and analyzing data to make data-driven decisions
- Good sense of humor, disdain for drama, interest for learning new things, and desire to get things done
This role is remote and is not eligible for hire in San Francisco, Oakland or San Jose, CA, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Washington, Pennsylvania or the surrounding areas.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That’s why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you’re ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $99360 – $124200.
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.