Senior Paralegal – State Product Filing at Voya Financial
Title: Senior Paralegal – State Product Filing
Location: United States
Together we fight for everyone’s opportunity for a better financial future.
We will do this together with customers, partners and colleagues. We will fight for others, not against: We will stand up for and champion everyone’s access to opportunities. The status quo is not good enough we believe every individual and every community deserves access to financial opportunities. We are determined to support both individuals and communities in reaching a better financial future. We know that reaching this future depends on our actions today.
Like our Purpose Statement, Voya believes in being bold and committed to action. We are committed to a work environment where the differences that we are born with and those we acquire throughout our lives are understood, valued and intentionally pursued. We believe that our employees own our culture and have a responsibility to foster an environment where we all feel comfortable bringing our whole selves to work. Purposefully bringing our differences together to positively influence our culture, serve our clients and enrich our communities is essential to our vision.
Are you ready to join a company with a strong purpose and a winning culture? Start your Voyage Apply Now
Get to Know the Opportunity:
Secure regulatory approval of insurance contracts and other forms in compliance with state insurance laws and regulations and plan of operations filings in California and New York. In addition, prepare domiciliary regulatory filings in accordance with the Holding Company Act such as various financing transactions, inter-affiliate agreements, and extraordinary dividends. Please Note: Work location for this role is FLEXIBLE! This position allows 100% remote work from home or allows work to be performed in any of our major office locations with a hybrid schedule.
The Contributions You’ll Make:
Product Filing Experience – required
- Draft new contract forms and revisions to existing contract forms, including insurance contracts, riders, endorsements, schedule pages, applications, and enrollment forms, based upon input from the product development working group and in accordance with any product specifications
- Prepare state-specific variations to generic versions of forms based upon analysis of previously approved forms and review of relevant statutes and regulations
- Prepare filing description letters and complete state required certifications and checklists as necessary
- Independently file forms with insurance departments in all states, or to the Interstate Insurance Product Regulation Commission through SERFF where applicable
- Consult with product actuaries and attorneys and attend working group meetings
- Address objection letters from regulators, and revise submitted forms as necessary to resolve issues in order to obtain regulatory approval of the forms
- Prepare and distribute status reports and other documentation to the working group as needed
- Submit plan of operations in California and New York
Domiciliary Regulator Filing Experience – preferred
- Provide coordination and filing support for form D filings, ORSA and enterprise risk reports
- Provide support on insurance company exam requests and review of annual exam reports
- Maintain database of affiliate agreements and related insurance regulatory filings
- Support SEC 10K/10Q disclosure development process, schedule disclosure development conference calls, coordinate responses for the US GAAP team, respond to SOX 404 testing at the close of each calendar quarter, and provide drafting support for regulatory matters and legal proceedings development meeting minutes
- Performs other duties and functions as requested
Minimum Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution required
- 4 years insurance industry and state filing experience required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, sense of urgency, and demonstrated team player
Preferred Knowledge & Experience:
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Ability to perform legal research preferred
Compensation Pay Disclosure:
Voya is committed to pay that’s fair and equitable, which means comparable pay for comparable roles and responsibilities.
The below annual base salary range reflects the expected hiring range(s) for this position in the location(s) listed. In addition to base salary, Voya offers incentive opportunities (i.e., annual cash incentives, sales incentives, and/or long-term incentives) based on the role to reward the achievement of annual performance objectives. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Voya Financial is willing to pay at the time of this posting.
Actual compensation offered may vary from the posted salary range based upon the candidate’s geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
$63,370 – $79,210 USD
Be Well. Stay Well.
Voya provides the resources that can make a difference in your lives. To us, this means thriving physically, financially, socially and emotionally. Voya benefits are designed to help you do just that. That’s why we offer an array of plans, programs, tools and resources with one goal in mind: To help you and your family be well and stay well.
What We Offer
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) Savings plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%)
- Voya Retirement Plan employer paid cash balance retirement plan (4%)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Paid time off including 20 days paid time off, nine paid company holidays and a flexible Diversity Celebration Day.
- Paid volunteer time 40 hours per calendar year
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.