Senior Office 365 Architect
Location: Remote, US
FireEye is hiring a Senior Office 365 Architect to play a key role in the evolution of our Email Threat Prevention Cloud-based SaaS Offering, by aligning technology vision to product vision, with a focus on E-mail security, Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus, Advanced Persistent Threat detection, and Cloud technologies. We are seeking seasoned senior software developers with the passion and experience necessary to design, develop, and support FireEye’s leading-edge product suites. This leader will drive the integration of FireEye’s Cloud scanning technologies with O365, to increase the product’s ability to seamlessly interface with all Microsoft technologies, and email protection especially.
- Architect and Develop Cloud systems for enterprise-class and web-scale, with a focus on high scalability & availability, multi-datacenter disaster recovery, information security, performance SLAs, component interoperability and a responsive user experience.
- As a leader in the team, you will drive engineering excellence within the technology team, come up with architectures and designs, work closely with engineers in the team to review designs and contribute directly to code.
- Work with Engineering Manager/Leads/Cloud Architects across team boundaries to drive the design and coding of key components in the E-mail Threat Prevention platform.
- Drive O365 API integration as well as Identity integration with ADFS, and evolve best practices that will serve not only Email Threat Protection, but also other FireEye products and services
- Contributes to evolution of the coding and design practice within the organization. Work in an agile development environment.
- Defines the feature and design specifications, integration scenarios and activities to release product with cross product and functional teams
- Writes and executes complete development plans, designs and documentation for assigned portion of product; identifies, reports and follows up issues with code and integration into multi-tier architecture
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and external development partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Work with Product Management to understand and determine product requirements and how these fit into the evolving cloud architecture, and roadmap
- Coaches and mentors fellow engineers
- Bachelors/Masters preferably CSE and from a reputed institution with at least 10 years of experience
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills, with recent hands-on software development experience
- Experience in architecting reliable distributed systems, with an emphasis on high-volume data management within enterprise and/or web-scale products and platforms that operate under strict SLAs
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft O365 REST API’s, and Outlook API must have used these for email integrations
- Knowledge of O365/EOP email scanning/processing internals highly desired
- Understanding of Email protocols: SMTP, DNS, SPF, DKIM DMARC, etc
- Working knowledge of OAuth, SAML and Identity Federation
- Hands-on experience with Anti-Spam/Anti-Virus scanning, detection technologies, IP reputation, URL reputation and other signature-based techniques. Knowledge of Anti-Phishing/Impersonation detection techniques a plus
- Experience and expertise in building one or multiple stacks in the systems: front-end, web applications, back-end services and high-volume data systems
- Design and architect complex non-functional features such as Customizations / Multi-Tenancy / High Availability / Disaster Recovery and Zero Downtime patching
- Broad, strong technical knowledge which encompasses Software Development, Dev-Ops, Release automation
- Experience with use of wide array of algorithms and data structures
- Excellent Python coding skills, additional knowledge of Lua, C/C++ and other languages will be highly preferred
- Knowledge and expertise in working with a variety of databases, operating systems & networking fundamentals, software design and programming best practices.
- Preferred: experience with large-scale NoSQL/SQL large data stores, and streaming, multi-stage data pipelines and related technologies, e.g., Elastic Search, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, or similar will be highly preferred.
- Experience assisting with the support escalations, and designing the product for supportability
- Deep understanding and experience of going through the entire lifecycle of building software platforms and products: from inception, product roadmap formation, architecting, planning, delivering, operational considerations in production, closing the loop through user feedback and evolving towards maturity through multiple iterations
- Provide input for ongoing capacity planning. Capacity planning includes ongoing monitoring and management to avoid unplanned capacity constraints or just-in-time capital investments
- Must have in-depth experience participating in, or building/managing world-class global teams
- Mentoring and guiding junior staff
- Create and contribute to an environment that is geared to innovation, high productivity, high quality and customer service
- Excellent communication and technical leadership skills
- Experience in building multi-tenant Cloud SaaS applications and services
- Experience and expertise in cutting-edge open source technologies
- Experience in debugging and resolving service issues on live deployments
- Proven credentials in driving technology innovations to create business impact
- Proven track record of assisting in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues, and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.