Senior Node.js Developer at Insightful
Senior Node.js Developer
- Remote OK
Insightful is a market-leading platform for employee productivity and workforce analytics. We process really big data, synthesize it into actionable insights and ultimately provide a best-in-class/easy-to use product which empower enterprise customers to improve employee productivity, business processes and overall staff well-being.
We are looking for experienced engineers to join us in building our microservices. We are valuing quality over quantity and since we are processing a huge amount of data, challenges are performance oriented.
Our codebase was written from scratch in 2019 and our stack includes: Node.js written in TypeScript, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Kafka, Redis on top of Kubernetes(GKE).
- Work as BE member in a cross-functional team and collaborating with other technology roles
- Writing high-performance, scalable, testable and reusable code
- Optimization of applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Maintenance and improvement of existing libraries and modules
- Develop the best practices for our code base
- Choose the most effective tools for everyday routines
- 6+ years of programming experience
- 3+ years of experience with Node.js
- Strong fundamentals in software design
- Understanding of the nature of asynchronous programming
- Understanding of server side development
- Experience with databases (preferably NoSQL)
- Fluency in English
These are minimum requirements, and candidates not meeting them would not be considered.
Experience with the following will be considered a big plus:
- Technologies like ElasticSearch, MongoDB or Kafka
- Microservices and distributed software development
- WebSockets (SocketIO)
- Test driven development
- Familiarity with front-end technologies including Angular, HTML, and CSS