Senior Manager UX Writing at Wayfair
Senior Manager UX Writing
Location: US National
Please note that the following job posting is for a fully remote position, allowing employees to work from their preferred location.
Who We Are
The UX Writing team at Wayfair is central to the company’s commitment to offering an intuitive shopping experience for all our customers. This role falls under the umbrella of the Global Experience Design (GXD) community at Wayfair, which encompasses Product Design, User Research, and UX Writing. Together, we steer Wayfair’s vision of becoming the go-to destination for home essentials, ensuring that everyone feels at home, no matter where they are. Join a cohesive unit that celebrates knowledge-sharing, inclusivity, and growth.
Dive deeper into the world of Wayfair’s GXD community through our Wayfair Design Blog. This dynamic team is spearheaded by Simone Orlowski and Betsy Bland.
What You’ll Do
- Architect a seamless shopping experience through coherent UX writing across all storefront platforms.
- Participate in the development of Wayfair’s new CMS, Block Builder, ensuring a consistent and intuitive user experience.
- Work with cross-functional teams, including UX Research, Systems, Accessibility, and Platforms, to craft comprehensive digital strategies.
- Create content models for designers.
- Establish a content matrix for consistent messaging across all platforms
- Oversee and guide a team of UX writers, ensuring top-down strategy alignment and prioritization in line with organizational goals.
- Engage in cycle-to-cycle projects, maintaining an alignment with the company’s tech and business objectives.
- Act as a mentor, guiding junior team members through projects, helping to shape the nature of the work, set expectations, and ensure delivery.
- Engage in occasional travel (<10%) for summits and group events to connect with the wider team and stakeholders
What You’ll Need
- Boast 8+ years of experience in UX writing, copywriting, technical writing or a related field and 2-3 years of experience in people management.
- Thrive when facing substantial, undefined challenges, carving out actionable plans and ensuring their successful execution.
- Are adept with industry-standard tools, including content management systems and organizational platforms like JIRA.
- Hold a bachelor‘s degree in English, journalism, library science, communications, marketing, or a related domain (or have equivalent professional experience).
- Possess a deep understanding of experience design essentials like journey maps, content audits, user flows, competitive analyses, and content hierarchies.
- Appreciate the symbiotic relationship between design and content, focusing on creating a holistic user experience.
- Excel in presenting ideas, nurturing relationships across teams, and sharing insights across organizational strata, inclusive of the c-suite.
- Employ critical thinking in your endeavors, focusing on long-term gains, executing tasks promptly, learning from setbacks, and pivoting when necessary to ensure the best outcomes.
- Demonstrated outcomes against organizational/company priorities.
Why You’ll Love Wayfair
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Full Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA)
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Disability Protection
- Global Wellbeing (Gym/Fitness discounts, Mental Health, Financial Health, Caregiver Services)
- Fertility Support
- Paid volunteer work
- 401K matching
- + more!
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know by completing our Accomodations for Applicants form.
For more information about applying for a career at Wayfair, visit our FAQ page here.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at email@example.com.