Senior Manager, Recruiting and Provider Relations at Amwell
Title: Senior Manager, Recruiting and Provider Relations
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
As our Senior Manager, Recruiting and Provider Relations you will play a key role in driving success across the provider lifecycle. Specifically, you will have complete oversight over recruiting, onboarding, retention, communications, and ongoing provider relations. The Senior Manager, Recruiting and Provider Relations will also manage day-to-day operations of these functional areas.
This individual will work closely with our the Amwell Clinical Services Team, vendors, and our Amwell Medical Group Clinicians.
- Drives continuous improvements that enable Amwell Medical Group to scale recruiting, onboarding, and provider relations efficiently and effectively deploying industry best practices that leverage technology to drive automation, speed, and quality
- Maintains and improves recruiting, onboarding, and retention operations by monitoring KPIs identifying and resolving problems, preparing and completing action plans, driving process improvement, and tracking results
- Adapts Provider Relations to be a highly engaged tactical and strategic administrative support team amid emerging business lines across multiple specialties
- Manages a team of 5-10 direct and indirect reports that hold provider-facing roles that encompass the provider life-cycle
- Understands all clinical service lines at an expert level, including overall business strategy, provider contractual obligations, and workflows
- Oversees communication strategy across all areas of the business including community site and website content
- Advocates and acts a liaison for providers and direct reports across internal teams.
- Manages operational aspects of provider behavior and efficiencies
- Develops internal and external key referral sources as well as establishing contractual relationships with locums and other vendor sources
- Collaborates with cross-functional leaders to determine key Amwell initiatives and goals, and effectively coordinate efforts to achieve them
- Continuously works with medical leadership in promoting a high performing, quality medical group culture among members of the clinician community
- Identifies areas of operational efficiency, drives change, and tracks results
- execute processes and workflows to mitigate operational, clinical, and financial risk
- Monitors the ticketing queues, turnaround times, and project coordination.
- 5+ years of relative experience working with hospitals, health plans, or large physicians groups required
- Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, and managing performance of staff
- Salesforce experience required, expert level preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Excellent interpersonal, public presentation, written and communication skills
- Ability to utilize effective communication or negotiation skills, employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or escalated issues affecting customers, clinicians, or senior management
- Excel proficiency required, expert level preferred
- Ability to present data in a clear, concise, and easy to interpret manner.
- Willing to work unpredictable hours and assist team members when needed.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly while meeting aggressive deadlines.
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars – our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a “virtual first” workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are!
The typical base salary range for this position is $136,000 – $187,000. The actual salary offer will ultimately depend on multiple factors including, but not limited to, knowledge, skills, relevant education, experience, complexity or specialization of talent, and other objective factors. In addition to base salary, this role may be eligible for an annual bonus based on a combination of company performance and employee performance. Long-term incentive and short-term variable compensation may be offered as part of the compensation package dependent on the role. Some roles may be commission based, in which case the total compensation will be based on a commission and the above range may not be an accurate representation of total compensation.
Further, the above range is subject to change based on market demands and operational needs and does not constitute a promise of a particular wage or a guarantee of employment. Your recruiter can share more during the hiring process about the specific salary range based on the above factors listed.
- Flexible Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance