Senior Manager of Information Services – Librarian at National Recreation and Park Association - NRPA
Senior Manager of Information Services / Librarian
- FT Salary Exempt Full-Time
- Requisition ID: 1213
- Location: Remote or Ashburn, VA.
- Salary Range: $75,168-$88,433
NRPA believes in the power of parks and recreation to increase the health, wellness, vitality and resilience of communities everywhere. Rooted in social equity, NRPA advocates on behalf of all people, delivering funding, resources and innovative solutions to the issues impacting our communities.
NRPA is currently seeking a Senior Manager of Information Services/Librarian to join our Research, Evaluation and Technology department to lead the creation of an online information resource library that supports the park and recreation profession.
The Senior Manager of Information Services/Librarian is responsible for curating and distributing park and recreation information, research, and resources for the field. They identify park and recreation professionals’ and advocates’ information needs and detect emerging trends to support resource creation. The position curates NRPA, academic, and other external research, resources and toolkits for the profession while also serving as an information research resource for NRPA staff.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Develop, maintain and utilize the NRPA resource library to support park and recreation professionals, advocates and association staff.
- Triage and respond to information and research inquiries received from external audiences (members, advocates, researchers). Respond within one business day to incoming calls for information and research support and provide accurate responses with readily available information.
- Curate and catalog NRPA, academic, and other external research, resources and toolkits for park and recreation professionals and advocates.
- Identify relevant external research, resources, and toolkits pertinent to the mission of park and recreation professionals and advocates. When necessary, translates external resources for a park and recreation audience.
- Promote NRPA information research activities through engagement on NRPA communication channels, not limited to newsletters and online networking platforms.
- Identifies emerging trends from information and research inquiries, conversations on online networking platforms and other sources to inform the field’s needs.
- Provide support to staff to conduct routine online literature searches and any multimedia communications related.
- Bachelor’s Degree or industry experience required. Master’s Degree (e.g., Master of Library or Information Science, Park and Recreation, Leisure Studies, Information) or extensive information research experience in a professional setting preferred.
- Familiarity with parks and recreation, leisure studies, and/or public health preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to translate complex concepts into easy-to-understand accessible language.
- Training/experience with cataloging, metadata, and digital content description.
- Customer service focus delivery
- Adept at project and time management skills.
- Strong collaboration skills with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrates an understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion concepts, is able to represent those in external relationships, and ensures that they are reflected in the programs and activities for which they are responsible.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, Member databases, Electronic information databases
Candidate Work Style
- Excels in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Self-directed and detail-oriented with a collaborative and professional team spirit to contribute to a collegial, team-oriented environment
- Willing to travel up to 30 days per year outside of the Washington Metropolitan Area or your remote work location. Remote workers must visit NRPA Headquarters periodically including attendance at the NRPA annual conference.
NRPA values diversity, equity and inclusion and we are committed to integrating these core values more deeply into all elements of our daily work. NRPA is an equal opportunity employer and highly encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, ethnic minorities, new Americans (immigrants and refugees), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, native people, and veterans.
Discover the Benefits at NRPA!
To promote healthy lifestyles, at work and away, we have established programs like Teleworking, FlexTime Schedules, 37.5-hour workweek, Employee Assistance Programs, Educational Assistance Programs, Lunch-and-Learn sessions, and more. NRPA also offers a competitive Heath benefits package, generous PTO program where employees accrue 26 days of paid time per year, parental leave, and retirement and savings benefits.
Although we are currently working remotely due to public health safety, NRPA headquarters is situated on park land in Ashburn, Virginia. This campus boasts a warm professional environment, with a relaxing and peaceful view of nature at its finest! The space offers indoor & outdoor eating areas, as well as indoor & outdoor fitness opportunities, including an air-conditioned fitness room with access to showers, as well as foot trails for the outdoor enthusiast.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!