Senior Manager, Compensation and Benefits at Verra
Senior Manager, Compensation & Benefits (Remote – Worldwide with significant overlap with US business hours)
Operations · All Cities, District of Columbia (Remote)
Location: Remote – Worldwide (with significant overlap with US business hours)
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Chief Operating & Financial Officer initially until the Director of Human Resources returns from maternity leave
Verra is a global leader helping to tackle the world’s most intractable environmental and social challenges. As a mission-driven non-profit organization, Verra is committed to helping reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve livelihoods and protect natural resources across the private and public sectors. We support climate action and sustainable development with standards, tools and programs that credibly, transparently and robustly assess environmental and social impacts and enable funding for sustaining and scaling up projects that verifiably deliver these benefits. We work in any arena where we see a need for clear standards, a role for market-based mechanisms, and an opportunity to generate significant environmental and social value.
It’s an exciting time to join Verra as we continue to grow! We are building a high-performance HR Team and need a Senior Manager who can help ensure that we offer competitive and equitable compensation to every employee.
A day with Verra’s collaborative Human Resources Team might include…
- Advising a hiring manager on the salary to offer a prospective employee consistent with salaries paid for comparable Verra jobs.
- Briefing the executive management team on the results of our latest salary benchmarking exercise.
- Hosting a meeting of U.S. employees to brief them on the open enrollment process for Verra’s health insurance plan.
Specific functions you will be responsible for …
- Planning and managing all elements of Verra’s compensation programs, including their structure, design and compliance with national laws and regulations in the countries where our employees are located.
- Constantly looking for ways to improve the management and expand the scope of our compensation and benefits programs.
- Continually evaluating our program and practices ensuring Verra remains competitive and informed of new developments and trends.
- Leading projects like compensation benchmarking and pay equity analyses and making recommendations to senior management on the basis of those analyses for making adjustments that keeps our compensation package competitive
- Building a data-driven approach to compensation, providing key metrics to offer relevant insights and track the effectiveness of existing compensation practices.
- Advising the executive management team on recommendations for market or equity-based changes to our compensation philosophy.
- Advising hiring managers on offer salaries for job candidates.
- Evaluating recommendations for employee promotions or performance-based salary increases as part of the executive team’s approval process, highlighting any equity considerations.
- Overseeing the management of our benefits and wellness programs, including selecting carriers and plans and enrollment processes.
- Overseeing the delivery of compensation and benefits communication materials and education to ensure employee understanding and efficient utilization of available programs.
- Working with your HR Team colleagues and our IT and Communications teams to build an HR intranet portal aimed at making it easy for employees to find answers to common questions.
- Producing annual Total Rewards reports for employees showing all aspects of their compensation.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations.
You bring with you…
- 10+ years of compensation and benefits management experience with demonstrated success in developing, implementing, and managing such programs.
- Experience managing compensation programs in global organizations.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with particular emphasis on the ability to set, manage and meet many deadlines.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- A thorough working knowledge of appropriate laws and regulations relating to compensation and benefits is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency in English a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with all levels of an organization and communicate effectively regarding sensitive and confidential matters.
- Cultural awareness that enables you to work well with stakeholders and partners from different countries and cultures.
- A self-starter approach to your work. You do not wait for assignments but dive in headfirst and are comfortable finding solutions.
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the organization’s success.
In this role, you will grow and expand your expertise by…
- Taking ownership of Verra’s compensation and benefits programs you can directly impact in growth and mission.
- Working with a committed team that is supporting a significant expansion of staff.
You will know you are successful if…
- Hiring managers report feeling supported by the HR team.
- You inspire colleagues and are seen by team members as dependable and emotionally aware.
- You are recognized as an exemplar of Verra’s Values and its commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Verra colleagues consistently express positive feedback regarding your ability to collaborate on assignments.
You will join a team…
From diverse locations and backgrounds, including carbon market experts, project developers, consultants, climate negotiators, researchers, auditors, and more.
Committed to driving finance at scale to projects and programs that advance climate action and sustainable development through high-quality standards and programs. That embodies the values Verra has established for itself, including Teamwork, Results, Integrity, Balance, and Exploration.
Compensation at Verra
To help us attract and retain top talent, Verra pays employees competitively to the market. In return, we expect each employee to, at a minimum:
- Meet expectations in terms of work effort and performance;
- Take the initiative to build the skills and knowledge needed to do their job effectively; and
- Embody Verra’s values.
For this position, the salary range is USD $100,000 – $115,000 depending on experience.
We will recognize employees who go beyond expected performance with salary increases and/or promotions, but the bar for earning those rewards is high.
Salary is one component of Verra’s total compensation package which also includes:
- Health, vision and dental care, and life insurance;
- Verra contributions to each employee’s retirement plan;
- Verra contributions as required by national labor laws in countries where staff are located;
- Paid Time Off (PTO), comprising 22-30 days plus eleven floating holidays, sabbatical after five years of service, and other leave allowances; and
- Funds to support professional development.
Verra provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We conduct our recruitment and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more