Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Platform at Primer Technologies
Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Platform
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will have the opportunity to make a wide impact on our machine learning processes, tooling, coding standards, and codebase. Primer believes in creating an environment that encourages and creates opportunities for growth. Whether it’s helping create and contribute to a set of architectural principles, or pushing us to adopt high-impact OSS, we need engineers to help us make those decisions.
The world is changing at an accelerating rate and understanding the shifting landscapes has never been more critical. Primer is the premier artificial-intelligence powered platform that allows humans to get information that they need, instantly, in ways that until now have not been possible. We believe that truth is knowable; our mission is to free the curious to be their most human. We are building machines that can read natural language text documents, understand them, correlate them into events, and share what they learn by writing their own natural language text documents.
At Primer, we use machine learning and natural language processing to automate the exploration of very large corpora of unstructured text. We build systems that read documents, extract insights, and write reports comparable to those of a human analyst. Our objective is to help our customers understand the world around them –– from geopolitical events and scientific research to changes in the risk profiles of companies. Our clients include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies. You can learn more about Primer’s technology and the sort of problems we solve at our blog, as well as recent media coverage of our work.
From your first day, you’ll drive the technical implementation of a major feature. You might……
design and build a pipeline to train models for NLP problems like Classification, Question Answering, Summarization
…scale our ability to run models to process millions of documents
…develop APIs that showcase our models’ capabilities and enable third-party integrations
…collaborate with the research team to train and ship state of the art models
…evaluate, adopt, and contribute back to open-source software to build out the Primer technology stack
- Curiosity and enthusiasm, and a love for teaching and learning
- Expertise in Python
- Experience applying machine learning algorithms to real data sets, preferably including text analysis and NLP
- 5+ years of shipping commercial software (SaaS, or PaaS) to third parties outside your company.
- Experience building human-in-the-loop ML pipeline
- Experience in GoLang
- Experience with Language models like BERT, XLNet, GPT
What we offer
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- Honest and open environment for exchange of ideas
- Real customers with global name recognition + healthy sales pipeline
- Proactive learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
- Team outings and bi-weekly company happy hours
- Fun, puzzle-loving office in the SF Financial District
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!