Location: Remote – Anywhere
Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let’s build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
About The Role
We are looking for a productive, pragmatic, empathetic collaborator to join the team. Someone who is excited by challenging technical problems, has proficiency in low-level browser APIs, and familiarity with framework rendering pipelines (i.e. React or Preact).
What You’ll Be Doing
This position requires working on open source projects within a team of full stack and front-end engineers, communicating very closely with internal engineering teams and the community of developers building upon core components of the blockchain operating system.
- Working with full stack and front-end engineers on achieving the vision of the BOS Web Engine;
- Work on a collaborative and globally distributed team of world class experienced engineers, providing an opportunity to learn and grow your technical skill set.
- Interface with many open-source projects where you might be asked to represent the NEAR organization
What We’re Looking For
- Deep familiarity with web standards
- Fluency in React or Preact
- Strong communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Experience working with a fully remote team and the skills to excel at working in a remote environment
- You should be familiar with the full stack and front-end development
- A solid understanding of CSS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields is a must
We’d Love If You Have
- Experience building UIs which managed multiple browsing contexts
- Open source contributions and previous or continued involvement in open source communities
- Familiarity with other crypto or blockchain technologies
- Experience working at a startup
- Deep knowledge of the React or Preact render pipeline
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like
The base salary range for this role is $165,750 – $195,000, which represents the salary range applicable to US locations only. This does not include bonus, incentives, or benefits.
The actual base pay within the range is dependent upon many factors, including: leveling, relevant skills, and work location. If you are based outside of the US, we there are other geographic considerations that may impact your final compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the compensation and benefits applicable to your preferred location during the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
- Encouraged 20 days of flexible PTO per year, plus your local holidays
- Wellness weeks 2 weeks of paid company-wide closures
- 100% Paid medical, dental and vision, AD&D and life insurance for US employees, including 85% coverage for dependents, and HSA + FSA options; For non-US employees, 100% Paid private medical coverage available at the highest tiered plan
- Access to licensed therapists and mental health resources through Spill, 100% confidential and paid by Pagoda; plus $75 monthly reimbursement for wellness
- Generous parental leave options; All employees have access to $10,000 in fertility assistance through Carrot
- For US employees, 401(k) retirement plan available (no match)
- Annual company retreats and team offsites (2023 was in Spain; 2022 in Portugal)
- $2,000 Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement