Sr IT Testing Specialist
United States, Remote
United States, Florida, Jacksonville, Deerwood Campus – Bldg 200
The Florida Blue IT team develops and manages next generation solutions, systems and assets that support this mission. Working in a collaborative, creative and fun environment, we offer technology professionals a wide range of opportunities to utilize and further develop their skills while helping people live healthier lives.
Senior IT Testing Specialists provide leadership and technical guidance to test teams and has accountability across multiple functions. Creates test deliverables (for example, strategies, plans and test cases) and performs hands-on testing for internally developed or external purchased products. Types of testing may include system, integration, regression and end-to-end testing. Senior IT Testing Specialists deploy or execute job streams for creating test beds as appropriate, design test scenarios, author test scripts, execute tests and track defects to certify that applications meet the approved system requirements. Senior IT Testing Specialists collaborate with other IT staff as appropriate, to review and understand system requirements and design, review test strategy and design, identify resolution for defects identified during testing, and also to analyze and make specific recommendations on usability/functionality improvements that can be integrated into business processes.
- Function as advocate for customer providing coordination/input throughout entire Software Development Life Cycle for quality, usability and any gaps in system layout, features and designs.
- Works with development team to schedule, execute and test design enhancements evaluating and recommending quality improvements.
- Proactively identifies gaps in the business process and coordinates resolution across IT and or business teams.
- Makes recommendations on scope, timelines, and assists management with capacity planning. Forecasts and estimates testing related work.
- Creates a test approach, identifying scope of testing with risk based approach for each feature or scope of work in a project effort identifying test environments, dependencies, constraints, prioritizing test cases and scheduling time for the testing
- Responsible for ensuring end to end testing methodology including all appropriate documentation and requirements.
- Identifies tests that are good candidates for automation. Identifies approaches for risk based testing for each feature or scope of work in a project effort and prioritizes test execution in order to test high risk/high impact scenarios first.
- Provides leadership and technical guidance to test team. Mentors and coaches other IT Testing Specialists.
- Accountability across multiple functions and teams including facilitation/coordination with external customers and vendors, creating and executing complex tests across multiple platforms.
- Creates and executes complex SQL queries.
- Sets up software and hardware in the test lab, per specs.
- Ensures test results are accurate, thorough and appropriately documented.
- Communicates results and coordinates logistics to the Systems Analysts,
- Developers, and other key IT staff and leadership as appropriate.
- Documents problems or results inconsistent with expected results.
- Performs quality assurance tests on all work and performs detailed analysis on test results.
- Certifies application for release to the next testing stage or to the production environment. Generates and distributes periodic status reports for testing.
- Sets up and executes complex scripts independently.
- Sets up test data beds based on data matching specific test conditions.
- Executes automated test scripts.
- Writes/coordinates resolution of system defects. Ensures appropriate hand-offs and re-testing.
- Participates in requirements gathering sessions or solicits information on incomplete requirements.
- Participates in facilitation and coordination of user acceptance testing.
- Aid in the definition/refinement of stories (business requirements) by helping to derive usage scenarios and acceptance test criteria.
- Design tests to aid learning and mitigate risks.
- Work with developers to create automated tests.
- Work with business analysts and business stakeholders to undertake exploratory testing.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process.
- Ensures stories contain specific acceptance test conditions which communicate objectives to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Champions a test driven approach for the team.
- Develops suitable test techniques using an automated approach.
- Create automated test scripts for sprints.
- Update automated test scripts after a sprint is complete.
- Knowledge of performance and security vulnerability testing is a plus.
- Assist product owner in coming up with the acceptance criteria for user stories.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience IT related field
- 5+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education. Experience Details: Progressive work experience in business and/or system testing
- Good knowledge of the MERN application development stack, Google
- Must have the ability to extract data utilizing complex SQL queries
- Thorough understanding of end to end business process(s) and flows involved in the system capabilities being tested from not only limited to the system under test but, end to end
- Ability to link and relate test cases to possible business flows to ensure proper business process coverage.
- Must have expert proficiency with test management tools.
- Ability to create automated test scripts and execute automated test scripts as needed.
- Ability to clearly identify data requirements and define test data strategies for the respective test efforts.
- Thorough understanding of what interfaces systems under test are connected to how they are connected.
- Ability to stub out testing for specific interfaces as needed due to dependencies.
- Ability to uncover requirement and design gaps in use cases, TDD, SAD documents, Crosswalks etc., and help identify possible resolutions.
- Experience in a full range of Agile practices.
- Experience in testing web applications is preferred.
- Desired to have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Agile environment and working on Agile-based/Agile-Waterfall Hybrid development projects.
We are interested in every qualified applicant who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor VISAs.
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full-time