Senior Human Resources Business Partner, Engineering at Dropbox
Senior Human Resources Business Partner, Engineering – Location Flexible
San Francisco, CA; or Remote – US
Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. Being Virtual First also means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If “Location Flexible” is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Dropbox is authorized to do business.** Some roles (including those which do not have “Location Flexible” in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences. **Dropbox is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Dropbox is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Dropbox is registered.
Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on our mission and products, visit dropbox.com.
Our Recruiting & People team grows and develops the Dropbox family. We find, hire, and support the people who will shape our product and our company. We believe people do their best work when they’re happy, so we work to make Dropbox a place where everyone can thrive.
Reporting directly to the Head of Tech HR Business Partners, you will develop the talent strategy and advise on all things People related: performance management, talent development, leadership coaching, employee relations and organizational design. You are skilled at using both qualitative and quantitative data to perform root cause analysis, identify trends, tell a story and inform innovative ways to building programs, and ensuring Dropboxers are engaged and growing. In your work, you will uphold our values and amplify the success of our business and products through our most important asset: our people.
- You will provide strategic partnership and counsel to business leaders and Dropboxers, ensuring employee advocacy and fairness.
- You will craft and implement creative and progressive talent strategies tailored to your client groups, addressing retention and development needs.
- You will support parts of our Engineering leadership team through all People processes including compensation, talent development, performance management, employee relations, change management, organizational design, etc.
- You will be the primary driver and leader in all of your clients’ people-related activities and programs.
- You will coach and develop leaders at all levels within the organization, from line managers through executives.
- You will utilize qualitative and quantitative data in order to inform key business and talent decisions.
- You will collaborate with other People Team functions (compensation, recruiting, talent development, learning & development, etc.) to inform the design and implementation of People programs.
- You will act as a culture ambassador, fostering diversity and inclusion.
- You will mentor and coach other members of our People teams.
- You possess five or more years experience as strategic HR Business Partner.
- You have excellent judgment and problem-solving capabilities; as well as the ability to make thoughtful decisions.
- You are intellectually curious about people and organizational issues; you have a creative, solutions-based mindset
- You are analytically driven; you utilize qualitative and quantitative approaches to problem solving and root cause analysis.
- You possess experience driving key people, programs and processes (performance management cycles, calibration facilitation, compensation planning, executive coaching, employee relations/conflict resolution, organizational design, etc.)
- You have the ability to flex your style and build trust and report with Executives as well as ICs
- You are agile, fearless, and able to adapt to shifting priorities
- You effectively partner with cross-functional partners (e.g. Finance, Legal) and the broader HR team to build a better employee experience for employees
- Your attitude is “we / not I”.
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!