Senior Full Stack Engineer, Audience
Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. Vox Media’s networks and businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, and the Vox Media Podcast Network.
About the Chorus team
Chorus is a platform for digital publishers. Informed by the success of Vox Media’s eight networks and internal branded content agency, Chorus is a complete media stack for brand and community building, content creation, audience engagement, distribution, measurement, and monetization. Within the Vox Product team, the Chorus team builds innovative tools that enable our editorial teams to tell compelling stories; designs dynamic, engaging audience experiences that can travel across myriad platforms and devices; and ensures our editorial teams can learn from and continuously adapt within an ever-changing industry. Chorus is also now powering two partner networks The Ringer and Funny Or Die with more to come.
We are dedicated to cross-disciplinary product thinking and vision, prize thoughtful and collaborative work, and are a remote-first organization.
As part of the Chorus team, you will:
- Collaborate with teammates across design, user research, community, and product and project management to create and improve the products and features that make up Vox Media’s digital publishing platform
- Build publishing tools for writers, editors, art directors, videographers, and their peers to tell compelling stories; and create audience experiences that travel across myriad platforms and devices
As an engineer, you:
- Have experience in Ruby or a similar dynamic language in a production environment
- Have worked with web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or similar
- Have a strong understanding of designing and implementing scalable web applications
- Estimate and prioritize your work well and meet your project commitments
- Provide constructive feedback in code and design reviews, mentor and guide teammates
- Are committed to user-centered design, web standards, performance, usability, and accessibility
- Communicate and collaborate well within a highly distributed and remote team
- Take a pragmatic and thoughtful approach to solving problems
- Are a self-starter who can take a challenging task and run with it
- Care deeply about the quality of your work
- Have empathy for your users and teammates
For more on the things we’re building and problems we’re solving, and what it’s like to work with the Product, Design & Technology teams, see our Product Team blog. In an effort to an provide an inclusive and respectful working environment, all team members adhere to our code of conduct.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.