Senior Full Stack Engineer at Getlabs
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Getlabs provides convenient at-home lab appointments. Rather than needing to go to a laboratory and sit in a waiting room, patients pick a time and we send a phlebotomist to draw their samples. Once collected, we deliver to the top national laboratories including Labcorp and Quest Diagnostics.
Across healthcare, the stress and inconvenience of needing to go to medical facilities deters patients from following through with their appointments. That is why our mission is to reduce patient non-compliance by creating the infrastructure for quality at-home healthcare. We believe all patients deserve access to high-quality medical appointments in the convenience of their homes. Join us and lets transform the healthcare experience to be delightful for patients – starting with lab tests.
Our team has extensive domain expertise in technology, operations, and healthcare with team members from Y Combinator, Uber, DoorDash, Sonder, Cisco, CVS, LabCorp, and Quest Diagnostics. Getlabs is backed by prominent venture capital firms including PivotNorth, Liquid 2, Tusk, Rosecliff, and more.
We are currently seeking a full-time Senior Full Stack Engineer interested in joining a growth stage startup.
Above all, we are seeking candidates who are self-starters and are resourceful, organized, detail-oriented, communicative, and friendly. As a core team member, you will be responsible for working on new products and features across multiple domains and technologies. The ability to weigh in on architecture and strategic product decisions, as well as critically thinking about and advocating for product enhancements and optimizations is a must. You will be working with the following technologies: Typescript, Node.js, Angular, Nest.js, PostgreSQL, Redis, Message Queues, Kubernetes, Terraform, and GCP/AWS.
At Getlabs, you will:
- Design and develop high quality and scalable front-end (Angular 8+) and back-end (Node.js) applications, and deploy it all on GCP or AWS
- Write structured, tested, readable, and maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distributed knowledge
- Stay current with the latest front-end and back-end technologies, best practices, and sharing your findings with the rest of the team
- Contribute to each step of the development process (from ideation, to implementation and release)
- Work as part of an agile team across multiple application domains and technologies
- Evolve our application stack and mentoring other team members on development patterns and best practices
- Interact at a high level with different stakeholders: architects, team leads, managers, documentation, etc
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of industry experience with full-stack architecture and distributed systems including hands-on experience with Angular and Node.js
- Excellent Typescript, SCSS, and HTML skills
- Expertise with cloud infrastructure and automated infrastructure management on services such as GCP and AWS
- Ability to take designer-created assets as well as quick mockups and implement them from start to finish
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment with quick iteration, continuous deployment, and test-driven development
- Passion for using technology to improve the lives of our customers
- Excitement for solving tough problems that haven’t been solved before
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment with a tight-knit team of passionate people
- Knowledge of HIPAA/ePHI compliance
We have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance options (United States Only)
- Flexible and unlimited vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of talented, ambitious and fun-to-work-with colleagues!
This is a remote position that requires you to live in the United States or Canada. If you live in Canada, this will be a contract position. This will be a full-time employee in the United States. The engineering headquarters are in Los Angeles and Toronto and you may be asked to travel for meetings to these offices.
Getlabs is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected classes.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!