Senior Full Stack Developer (Rails/React)
Full-time, remote position, 40 hours/week (North America only)
We’re a self-funded SaaS company with a dozen employees, half a dozen dogs, 5000 customers, and a new social media update sent out every 15 seconds.
We’re looking for a full stack developer to help build and maintain our social media management tool, Edgar. If you want to help us help small businesses succeed beyond their wildest dreams by banishing social media busywork forever, keep reading!
About The Job
You’ll be working on big, exciting projects like optimizing our social media post queueing system, building out UI components using React, adding support for social media platform-specific features like native video, and getting our onboarding juuuust right so that every user has a mind-blowing experience from their very first login.
Our stack is Rails 5.2, Ruby 2.6, Sidekiq, Postgres 11, and Redis running on Heroku, with React & Redux on the front-end. It’s a great stack, and we take our time to write solid code and proper tests to make sure it stays that way.
Our Dev Process
We have code reviews and we like to pair program when it makes sense. We love solid tests and continuous integration, and we deploy several times a week. We’ve worked hard to create our version of an ideal developer environment. Working with us, you can expect low overheads, support and camaraderie when you need it + minimal interruptions the rest of the time, no arbitrary deadlines or strict release cycles, and opportunities from time to time to pursue your own creative ideas from start to finish during our company hack weeks.
You’ll have final responsibility for the solutions you build, from discussing feasibility with the product designer all the way through to deployment, so your teammates know exactly who to shower with praise when you ship to production.
Job Deets Cheat Sheet
Your experience should include . . .
- A history of professional experience as part of a software development team
- Senior-level development skills and the ability to handle the full development life cycle from start to finish
- Modern JS development experience with React and Redux (or similar)
- You’ve solved common problems like authentication, payment, asynchronous processing, and scheduling
- You have been celebrated for your communication skills and commitment to working as part of a team trying to build something together!
- You’ve worked to improve the dev process in previous roles and recognize the value of maintaining and contributing to an awesome company culture
Some logistical notes about the job . . .
- This is a full-time position with 40 hour work weeks (we’re super committed to adhering to those 40 hours… emergency situations that require additional time or off-hours are very rare here!)
- We’re remote, but we work synchronously. We keep to normal, regular business hours in North American time zones. (No burning the midnight oil!)
We’re a small team of a dozen-ish people, all working remotely across North America. We do a lot of collaborating and meme-swapping on Slack, along with virtual team meetings and super-futuristic video calls. We also meet in person once or twice per year so we can work together on cool projects all day and rock the karaoke mic all night. (Spoiler alert: This means you have to be willing and able to travel to those retreats! The karaoke, however, is optional.)
We’re proudly bootstrapped and profitable, which means we get to turn down VC money a lot and keep doing things the way we like. We’re pretty serious about building and maintaining awesome, positive company culture, so, you know, no jerks.
We’ll probably get along if you’re someone who wants to be creative, have a pretty-serious-but-not-inhuman amount of responsibility, and work with people who make going to work not suck. (And be one of those people yourself. We like those people.)
And on that note, we’re proud to be an equal-opportunity employer genuinely committed to building a diverse team, and to fostering the type of inclusive environment in which diversity thrives.
Perks & Benefits
- Work from home (or wherever there’s strong wifi)
- 4 weeks paid vacation (Shazam! And yes, everyone actually uses all 4 weeks)
- Monthly cleaning service for your home – not that we don’t have total faith in you
- Paid home Internet service
- Coworking space/coffee shop working expenses
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your fam
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- An extra paid day off per quarter so you can volunteer in your community (awww)
- New Mac laptop (#blessed)
- Books, conferences, and other educational resources to help you be even more amazing at what you do!
- TSA pre-check to make getting to retreats and conferences a breeze (optional)