Senior Frontend Software Engineer – REMOTE
Engineering – Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia
This position is available as either 100% remote or you can work at our headquarters in Cologne, Germany where many of our engineering team are situated.
At ESL, we are esports, our mission is to create a world where everybody can be somebody. As a Senior Frontend Software Engineer at ESL you will be a leading member in the development of one of our user-centric esports properties such as our premier esports tournament platform ESL Play, its companion app ESL Play App for Android & iOS or yet to be announced projects. As a leading member of your team you will be relied on for your expertise in frontend development to make smart decisions how our frontend is engineered, implement best practices and assist other team members.
Your Future Tasks:
- Researching & evaluating methods and technologies for how your team builds software
- Technical vision for your products
- Providing code reviews and suggesting best practices to ensure code quality
- Estimating and planning work with your team
- Research on new tools, practices and their impact
- New features & bug fixes implemented
- Documentation in our documentation tool (Confluence)
- Tests written or updated
- Issues kept up to date & work logged in our issue tracker (JIRA)
- 3+ years’ experience in frontend development
- Experience developing with at least one modern frontend framework, preferably Angular or React
- Willingness to mentor other engineers
Nice to have:
- University degree in Computer Science, Web Development or a related field
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Experience with any of the following
- Angular, AngularJS, React
- Continuous Integration/Delivery (preferably GitLab)
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Android/iOS development experience
- Hybrid mobile development (Ionic or similar)
- UI/UX design experience
- Experience playing online games or knowledge of esports
ESL is the world’s largest & leading esports company, operating various online and offline competitions such as Intel Extreme Masters, ESL One, CS:GO Pro-League as well as numerous regional and national leagues. ESL has offices in 13 different countries and operations on all continents with around 500 employees. The global Headquarters is in Cologne, and we belong to MTG (Modern Times Group).
We are an incredibly fast paced digital company, driven by the passion for creating this new chapter of the sports entertainment history. We value independent minds, initiative and start-up mindset. We give quickly responsibilities and opportunities, with us you really can be somebody and have a positive impact.