Senior Front End Engineer at Learning A-Z
Location: Remote, US
Senior Front End Engineer
- As a Sr. Front End Engineer, you will be building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers and provide a practical and efficient user experience.
- Communicate with stakeholders, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Inform a broad range of technical problems and full-stack design/development with front-end focused engineering.
- You will architect, design, and/or implements applications that conform to a business need. You will maintain the business perspective in terms of understanding / affecting how systems are implemented to satisfy user goals.
- You are responsible for the entire life cycle of a system or feature. You will review requirements, generates designs, provides rough order of magnitude estimates, implement, and perform unit testing.
- You should feel that the quality of your work is a direct result of your own testing. You should be able to handle assignments where formal or no formal QA occurs. Your developed systems should adhere to a high standard of quality.
- You will propose, develop, review, and revise new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high-quality systems.
- You may work on multiple projects at one time, balancing needs and deadlines. You are expected to progress on the project without much guidance from management. In addition, you are involved with proposing new projects that will satisfy business needs.
- You can troubleshoot problems of a complex nature. You shall support systems that you have not implemented.
- You will provide technical guidance and training to other team members.
- You will share architecture formally and informally with the team and stakeholders.
- You will keep informed of technical advances. You can propose changes based on newer technology or ideas relating to other coding patterns, efficiencies.
- You may be asked to research or investigate business opportunities that have little direction.
- You may be involved in testing beyond unit testing (e.g., integration testing with a remote location, capacity testing)
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as PHP, Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Proven Experience with Angular, CSS, HTML, and restful API’s
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 5-10 years of software development experience
- Proven HTML5 support and testing for legacy browsers
- Proven properly structured CSS experience with appropriate semantic and content independent naming structures, CSS3
- Experience with TypeScript
- Familiarity with a distributed source control system, such as Git
- Ability to work effectively, deliver results with tight deadlines against a project plan.
- Experience using problem solving and analytical skills to solve business problems and drive process improvements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.
- Works well in a dynamic team environment and can effectively drive cross-team solutions having complex dependencies and requirements.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more