Senior Front-End Developer
Location: Boston US-MA US
Job Type: PERMANENT
Job Time: FULLTIME
MachineMetrics was founded by a small group of software and manufacturing professionals that couldn’t sit still and are obsessed with making an incredible product. MachineMetrics has simplified Industrial IoT to digitize the shop floor and enable teams to drive decisions with machine data.
Our industry 4.0-ready solutions work out-of-the-box to increase productivity through edge connectivity, real-time visibility, deep manufacturing analytics, and AI-driven predictive capabilities. Together, we can deliver on our commitment to provide continuous improvement for our clients.
MachineMetrics, Inc. develops and integrates production monitoring software for manufacturing companies. As a growing startup, we are seeking an individual who displays the attitude, aptitude, and amplitude to not only get the job done but grow within the company.
MachineMetrics is hiring a Senior Front-End Developer to join our team in Boston or Northampton, Massachusetts. Exceptional remote candidates are welcome to apply as well. You have an eye for design and are well-versed in the latest CSS standards. We use React and React Native to build our web and mobile applications so several years of experience building production applications with that ecosystem is a vital part of your work.
You are an experienced UI engineer who is constantly improving your skills and pride yourself in well polished code and beautiful interfaces. You’re always pushing yourself to learn new technologies and understand how things work and have a passion for visual design.
Ideally, you’re the kind of person that enjoys working independently and with other teams.
- Code testing and documentation
- Assess user devices on an individual basis to ensure responsive design
- Use your deep knowledge of CSS and HTML, as well as tools like Styled Components
- Collaborate with designers and product managers to optimize user flows and interactions
- Actively use Flux/Redux/frp-style state management libraries and apply prior experience with git, NPM/Yarn, GitHub, CI
- Experience with React is preferred but any JS framework is a must
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of customer experience
- Proven collaboration experience and ability to both give and receive constructive feedback
- Experience with current tooling such as webpack, Gulp.js
- Web Assembly, OpenGL, WebGL or D3, React Native, iOS or Android native experience is a definite plus
- Agile methodology experience is a plus
All qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.