Senior Editor, Industry Research at Centerfield Media
Sr. Editor, Industry Research
- MARKETING – CORPORATE MARKETING
Hi, We’re Centerfield.
Centerfield is a cutting-edge digital marketing and sales technology company headquartered in the heart of Silicon Beach with additional offices in New York, Boston, Florida, and Jamaica. Our growing organization continues to impact the AdTech space by providing end-to-end customer acquisition services and analytics for our high-profile clients, while also successfully tailoring every step of the customer’s shopping experience.
How do we do this? Centerfield develops intelligent Big Data driven marketing and sales technology which drives more than two million sales each year for brands such as AT&T, Sprint, ADT, Spectrum, and CenturyLink. Our technology platform, Dugout, combined with our leading consumer guides and 1500 person sales and retention center deliver new customers at scale to top residential services, business services, and telecommunications brands worldwide.
We’re always interested in expanding our team with top talent. Our creative work environment allows for innovative ideas and encourages a collaborative team culture… make sure to check out our perks below!
The Sr. Editor, Industry Research will lead industry research initiatives across several of our owned-and-operated B2C web properties. They work with data analysts, writers, designers, developers, and PR team members to produce research that elevates brand authority and secures press coverage from top-tier media outlets
How You’ll Contribute…
- Come up with new research concepts for B2C brands, based on industry gaps and opportunities with the current news cycle.
- Own and preserve the narrative from conceptualization through the content development lifecycle. Guide and mentor data analysts, writers, designers, and developers on what the end product should look like.
- You really enjoy reading and editing a wide variety of content. You’ll be deeply involved in almost every piece of research we create.
- Assist with editorial calendar management for all of our B2C brands
- Act as a spokesperson for media requests (written quotes, radio/TV interviews) on research you’ve led
- Process development. This is a relatively new team, so there are opportunities to increase visibility into our workflow and implement best practices for project management.
- Indirect people management (on a project level). Depending on performance and company growth, this role would likely have multiple direct reports (full-time and freelance).
What We’re Looking For…
- 8+ years experience in journalism, B2C marketing, or public relations for B2C companies.
- 3+ years leading teams on a project level
- Proven ability to think strategically, yet highly comfortable getting in the weeds as needed
- Exceptional storyteller with excellent communication skills, specifically with communicating research ideas & direction to cross-functional team members
- High attention to detail with the ability to edit spelling, grammar, and visuals (charts/graphs)
- You’re a problem solver who takes risks and makes decisions quickly, while managing a ton of moving parts.
- You’re obsessed with maintaining high standards of quality and meeting the needs of our “customers” (consumers and journalists)
- B2B experience is a plus
- You have a background in data journalism, working with diverse research methodologies like survey development and government data set analysis
- Foundational knowledge of SEO
- Experience leading a team of direct reports
- Comfortable with basic statistical principles
Life at Centerfield…
- Competitive salary + quarterly bonus
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested day 1
- Outside patio overlooking Playa Vista + cabanas, firepits & working grills
- Monthly happy hours, catered lunches + daily food trucks
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Fully stocked kitchens with snacks & drinks
- Breakroom supplied with games, couches, workout equipment + weekly in-office exercise classes hosted by professional instructors (yoga, kickboxing & circuit training)
- Free onsite gym + locker rooms
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!