Senior Editor at Projectline Services
Remote, USA, United States
Projectline Services is growing! We are searching for acontractEditor to work with one of our largest clients. The ideal candidate is a creative, data-driven editor who’s familiar with cloud computing technology. They would also be a resourceful and versatile writer with a passion for the web, and strong cross-team collaboration skills.
- Your primary job is to edit copy for the Cloud Platform web sites. You might also contribute to digital ads, email, video scripts, and other marketing collateral.
- You’ll help weave SEO keywords into page copy to boost search rankings, improve page metadata, and look for opportunities to create new content pages that capture organic search queries and increase site engagement.
- Exceptional editor. You’ve done it allbusiness to consumer, ads to web copyand have the portfolio to prove it. Your sentences are squeaky clean, compelling, and conversational. You know when jargon is useful and when it gets in the way, when to add a dash of style, and when to just stick to facts.
- You’re nitpicky about style rules, offended by typos, and instantly know how to make a bad draft better.
- Brand and voice lover. You know the Microsoft brand voice. You know how we speak to customers and can nail the Microsoft voice with each word choice you make.
- Audience Obsessed. You’re laser-focused on your audience and their needs and interests. Your copy respects their time and intelligence, but never assumes readers inherently know or care about what you’re talking about.
- You can make even the most boring, technical concepts compelling and understandable.
- Fact-based, data-driven: You persuade with facts, not fluff. And always challenge your assumptions and word choices using surveys, A/B tests, and other tools.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) experience.
- Familiarity or affinity with cloud services.
- A degree in English (composition or literature), communications, or marketing preferred
- 5-7+ years’ experience writing marketing copy; digital experience required
- Previous Microsoft experience (in-house, or as a vendor or freelancer) preferred
Projectline Services, a division of Projectline Inc., delivers on-demand consulting and resourcing services around the world from our offices in Seattle, Philadelphia, Toronto, Portland, and beyond. Our consultants offer deep expertise in marketing, program management, sales support, and operations.
Projectline has been recognized as a great place to work. The awards keep coming in: We were named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For by Seattle Business Magazine, included in the Inc 5000 list for five years in a row, and have won a place on the Seattle Met magazine list of Best Places to Work twice. If you are looking for a place where you can grow your consulting career with a list of blue-chip clients, contact us.
Our mission is to positively impact the people we work with, the people we work for, and the communities we live in. We support our mission by providing an inclusive environment where all are empowered to share their diverse perspectives and experiences so we can ultimately be better together. Our policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, internships are not based on a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status. We strongly encourage women, people of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!