Senior Director, Corporate Communications at Grindr
Title: Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Location: Remote – US
What’s so interesting about this role?
We are seeking a Senior Director of Corporate Communications to join our team at Grindr to develop and execute our company’s communication strategies to advance Grindr’s brand affinity and reputation globally. You will be the key point of contact for media relations, crisis communications, and internal and external communications. This is a leadership role that requires an individual who can work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, demonstrate strategic thinking, and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and externally.
What’s the job?
- Oversee Grindr’s corporate communication strategies, including media relations, crisis communication, and internal and external communications
- Manage Grindr’s media outreach program, including drafting press releases, managing media inquiries, and preparing executive spokespeople for interviews
- Manage crisis communications, including developing response plans with cross-functional parties and executing them effectively and with alacrity
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including media outlets, industry analysts, and influencers
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communication programs and initiatives, and use data to inform future strategy
- Oversee Grindr’s internal communications programs, including employee communications, executive communications, and company-wide announcements
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to support key business initiatives, such as product launches, corporate events, and partnerships
What we’ll love about you
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field or an equivalent of 10+ years of experience in corporate communications, media relations, or related field
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguous tasks and take on challenging projects
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing strategic communication plans
- Experience managing crisis communications and media outreach programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and coach and mentor junior staff
- Knowledge of the LGBTQ+ community and experience working with diverse populations
We’ll really swoon if you have
- Product PR Experience
- Internal Communications Experience, and
- Experience with technology, tech policy, social media platforms, or politics
What you’ll love about Grindr
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGBTQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGBTQ people around the world
- Remote First: We have satellite offices in LA, NYC, and Chicago, and are remote first across the US and Canada. More than 30% of our employees work outside of cities where we have satellite offices
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Industry-leading gender-affirming offerings with up to 90% cost coverage, access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and more
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events
Grindr is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The base pay range for this role is between min $180,000 and max $275,000 USD. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits.
Our mission is to connect queer people with one another and the world. Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
As a newly public company, we proudly represent a modern LGBTQ lifestyle that’s expanding into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we’re continuing to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At the heart of our work in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including user obsession, openness and exploration, a bias for action, and strong support of the LGBTQ community. We’re looking to build a team of talented, passionate, and open-minded people who believe in our mission, align with our values, and who are excited to work on a product obsessed with building meaningful connections for its user base.
Grindr is an equal-opportunity employer
Grindr is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits.
Base Pay Range
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more