Senior DevOps Engineer: USA at NDWA Labs
Location: US Locations Only
What you’ll do:
We are looking for engineers with hands-on experience in deploying, scaling (and autoscaling) software in an AWS environment; with a best-of-breed software engineering background within autonomous, cross-functional delivery teams. You should be able to design, create, test and deploy an infrastructure that is deployable on-demand, replicable, maintainable, secure, and monitorable.
You will explore up-and-coming technologies, and be expected to experiment, test, learn and teach them to others, as well as document processes and strategies.
We are looking for someone to come help us improve, and build upon, our current CI/CD and IaaC pipelines as we grow. As an example, we currently deploy through ElasticBeanstalk, and are looking to transition to a process using Docker and ECS. We may even eventually move to Kubernetes when the time and scale are right. You will not be expected to code on the application codebase (unless you really want to), except in the cases where you’re creating small applications to automate infrastructure tasks (like Lambdas).
You will be expected to be available to solve emergency issues outside of working hours for which you will be compensated based on our compensation policy.
Skills and experience we’re after:
- Experience with a programming language such as Python or Go (we use Python);
- Extensive experience defining and proving CI/CD pipelines and processes (such as GitOps)
- In-depth experience working with AWS
- Proven experience with containers
- Extensive experience with Terraform
- Extensive experience with logging and monitoring tools such as Grafana, ELF/EFK (including setting these up)
- Experience with Git (Github), Jira, Confluence
Nice to have:
- Proven and extensive experience with Kubernetes and Helm (we are not going to move into Kubernetes for the next few months, but definitely the long term plan)
- Experience with GCP
- Experience with Data Warehouses
We currently use, but aren’t wedded to:
- AWS (IAM, ElasticBeanstalk, RDS, S3, CW, and much more)
- Django, Python3
- GCP and Data Studio
We can offer:
- Salary Range: $90k-120K, depending on experience
- Full and generous health, dental, vision, and paid time off benefits
- Location – Remote; US preferred
NDWA Labs is the innovation arm of the National Domestic Workers Alliance, one of the country’s leading progressive social movement organizations. At NDWA Labs, we’re building products that transform domestic work jobs into good jobs by bringing respect, living wages, and benefits to an invisible, undervalued, and vulnerable part of the economy. Rather than optimizing within the status quo, NDWA Labs leverages tech to disrupt power and fundamentally change the ways in which work is organized and paid, for the millions of women and immigrants in the domestic work industry. Our first product, Alia Benefits, helps workers set up a safety net that stays with them, even if they switch jobs. In the current moment, we have partnered with Google.org to take Alia a step further to directly help those most impacted by COVID-19.
This is a unique opportunity to leverage technology for good and create meaningful and lasting change in the lives of some of the most vulnerable workers in the country, many of whom are immigrant women of color. Due to the COVID crisis, there is a surge of interest in models that expand the safety net to ensure a fair future of work for everyone. You will be leading a team that reinvents and expands the safety net to millions of workers who have never had access to one.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities, and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically.
Please submit a resume and cover letter using this link. This position will remain open until filled.
Reports to: Director of Engineering
FLSA Status: Exempt
Start Date: Immediate
Location: US Locations Only
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!