Senior DevOps Engineer
- Berlin, DE
- Remote OK
We are looking for a Senior Dev Ops Engineer to work on a beloved game that has existed for a few years but needs a passionate team to help take it over and give it some new life.
DECA acquires older games that have loyal audiences that we believe that can last another decade. We brings our unique player focused approach to operations to help bring back disenfranchised players and retain the players that love the game very much.
DECA has a created a flexible work environment with people able to work from multiple locations and flex their hours to meet their personal obligations. We believe in flat organizations, small trusted and empowered teams, and long term thinking.
The project is a late stage game using Amazon infrastructure technologies. The main goal of the project is to find smart ways to optimize cost at the same time maintaining stability of the infrastructure.
Experience and skills:
- Experience optimizing cost on a high volume infrastructure
- Autoscaling and provisioning of new hosts and AWS resources such as Elasticache memcache and RDS MySQL shards.
- Expertise is required in AWS including CloudFormation, IAM, S3, Elasticache, RDS, DynamoDB, ELB and EC2 AutoScaling. Expertise in Git, Puppet, Docker and Jenkins is required.
- Configurations stored in Git
- Big plus for experience server-side application troubleshooting in PHP / HHVM
- Analyze infrastructure costs and risks to identify cost savings and improve stability
- Implement infrastructure optimizations
- Level 2 analysis and troubleshooting of servers and AWS services using Datadog, Pingdom and Cloudwatch
- Troubleshooting using SumoLogic to analyze logs
- Updating Puppet manifests in Git to adjust software configurations
- Updating Cloudformation in Git to adjust AWS configurations
- Updating Dockerfiles in Git to adjust production containers and build containers in Jenkins