Senior Designer at Modern Tribe
Title: Senior Designer
We are looking for a talented, detail oriented senior designer to join our team. Our projects involve crafting new and bold aesthetics for high-profile clients across multiple industries – including higher education, sports, food and beverage and more.
Modern Tribe is looking for a talented, detail-oriented Senior Designer to join our team. Our projects involve creating large-scale digital design systems for high-profile clients across multiple industries – including higher education, sports, food and beverage, and more. We’re looking for experienced designers, comfortable working at any point in the design process. Our designers love research, ideate in low and high fidelity, and are comfortable reading and writing spec documents. Whether we’re designing applications, new products, or websites, our designers are focused on empowering users and achieving results.
The Senior Designer’s primary purpose is to fuel and drive creativity within the execution of a project. You will translate business needs and requirements into solutions by leveraging the creative process and the full capabilities of your team.
What you’ll do:
- Autonomously lead the creative process within a project, from discovery and design, into development and release. Design clear, functional user experiences and design systems, including producing wireframes, prototypes, and user interfaces/mockups using Figma
- Lead, support, or delegate the research into the client’s business, industry, and audiences to create and present concepts and recommendations in a compelling and impactful way to internal teams and senior level clients
- Speak to and present ideas and concepts to senior level clients, ensuring design terminology is translated and accessible to non-designers
- Advise and guide the implementation of ideas, including supporting the team and client for a successful release. Translate ideas to creative concepts and executable plans, architecture and feature spec
- Build trusted relationships with our client
What we’re looking for:
- A producer of smart and beautiful design, demonstrating a strong understanding of typography, color and layout. Someone who takes a content-first, user-centric approach
- A great communicator, comfortable speaking with both clients and the rest of your team. Able to talk big ideas and concepts but also execute on IA, UX and edge cases
- Someone who has spent at least three years in a reasonably senior role at a digital agency or in-house in a digital design/strategy role
- An attention to detail, an eagerness to learn and grow, and excitement around designing digital experiences
Work from anywhere and join our distributed team working across the globe. If your timezone is outside of US business hours, but you work at least 3-4+ hours of overlap each day, let’s chat. You should be fluent in English and just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
This role is approximately 10-15 hours per week. Pay range is commensurate with background, qualifications and experience between $55-$60/hour.