Senior Data Scientist, Business Analytics at TuneIn
Senior Data Scientist, Business Analytics
- SAN FRANCISCO OR REMOTE
- ANALYTICS – DATA SCIENCE
About the Position
At TuneIn, we are reinventing listening for a connected world, with live sports, up-to-the-minute news, curated music, millions of podcasts, and over 120,000 streaming radio stations—streamed to tens of millions of customers through our mobile and web apps, and our unmatched platform of hundreds of consumer device and service integrations. From smartphone to smart speaker to electric car, TuneIn delivers live and on-demand audio from voices you trust wherever you want to listen.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will lead data analysis, experimentation, and modeling projects across the subscriptions, product, and content/ads spaces. This is a high-impact position where your work will have a direct and high impact on business decision-making, content offering, and product features. Models and tools you design will be used to battle churn and offer increasingly engaging content.
Who You Are
- Relentlessly focused on data and hypothesis driven decision making to create the best experiences for TuneIn’s users
- Someone with a bias for action and quick iteration as opposed to perfection
- Able to work independently, multitask, and drive your own projects
- Someone who values the integrity of your work, sanity checks analyses before drawing conclusions, and pays attention to the details of your data visualizations
- Able to maintain strong stakeholder relationships across time zones
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- An effective communicator and collaborator who can synthesize insights from multiple stakeholders across product, engineering, and design to deliver purpose-built models and tools that provide easily interpretable and actionable results
- A team player who is an excellent communicator, quick learner, and as excited about TuneIn as we are
What You’ll Do
- Lead broad analytics projects core to TuneIn’s business by communicating insights and automating tools to share with teams across the organization
- Present insights to a wide array of internal stakeholders, to build alignment on KPIs, drive resolution of business questions and flag upcoming challenges and opportunities
- Build beautiful and engaging visualization dashboards that effectively communicate key business trends and opportunities (proficiency with Tableau a plus)
- Create machine learning models to forecast performance and cluster user types by behavior
- Work cross-functionally with content, finance, marketing and engineering to creatively answer unstructured business questions and harness the predictive power of the results
- Think critically about experimental design and contribute to the statistical theory of the experiment framework to better evaluate results
- Identify opportunities to scale actionable learnings and make strategic recommendations in a time-bound delivery focused team environment
- Masters Degree degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related field
- 5+ years of quantitative industry experience in the product space
- Experience with time series forecasting, clustering algorithms, and general machine learning models
- Superior SQL and statistical coding skills (R or Python preferred)
- Experience with data visualization tools (especially Tableau)
- A deep understanding of analytic bias, A/B testing, and experimental design
- Strong background in advanced statistics including regression, non-parametrics, and predictive modeling
- Familiarity with econometrics and financial modeling a plus
- 100% coverage of all health plans for employee and dependents
- ‘Use what you need’ PTO policy
- 401k Plan, wellness stipend, and technology subsidy
- Trainings and educational spending
TuneIn, the leading live streaming and on-demand audio service, brings together live sports, news, music, podcasts, and radio from around the globe. With 75 million monthly active users, TuneIn is one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations and boasts more than 5.7 million podcasts. With premiere distribution across 200 platforms and connected devices, TuneIn empowers listeners to ‘hear’ what they love wherever ‘here’ might be.
TuneIn Premium subscribers also unlock exclusive access to commercial-free news from top networks like CNBC, CNN, FOX News Radio, and MSNBC, as well as commercial-free music channels for every mood and activity. For more information please visit us at www.tunein.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within TuneIn. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!