Senior Data Analyst
- (Contract / Remote)
- PRODUCT & UX – PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
- TEMPORARY / CONTRACTOR
Bill.com is a leader in financial process automation for small businesses and mid-size companies. Making it simple to connect and do business, the Bill.com Back Office Cloud digitizes, automates and simplifies legacy payment and financial processes. With an integrated, end-to-end platform, Bill.com leverages artificial intelligence to reduce manual work, and provides a cloud workspace to help run your business anytime, anywhere. The company partners with many of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more than 70% of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and major accounting software providers. Bill.com manages more than $70B in annual payment volume across ACH, virtual cards, checks, and international payments. The company has offices in Palo Alto, California and Houston, Texas.
The Sr. Growth Analyst reports into the growth team with responsibilities around coming up with data-driven insights, helping develop hypotheses, and measuring experiments. Part of this role is tactical; you’ll be responsible for finding data and putting it into a reportable format for the team. The other part is strategic; you’ll be a thought partner in establishing the direction for our experimentation. Additionally, this role supports the product organization, so finding and reporting on product performance will be an important part of this job.
This is a remote, contract role. Pay rate is $25 – $50 per hour dependent on experience and location.
- Data discovery: You’ll be responsible for finding the data we need to evaluate product performance. This data spans our analytics tools, CRM databases, backend databases, and support tools.
- Analysis: You’ll identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Document: You’ll fill in our documentation gaps as you discover missing documentation around data sources, column descriptions, etc.
- Thought partner: You’ll use your insights to help provide direction for our growth strategy.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- Experienced: You have experience finding data and producing reports. Lots of it. And you enjoy the technical challenges of getting the data. SQL is a second language for you. You can debate the merits of Excel’s more esoteric functions. You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field.
- Curious: But you are also relentlessly inquisitive about the data. Creating a report inspires new questions that you itch to answer. For you, there’s always another question that leads to another insight. You love getting caught in this cycle.
- Careful: You know how easy it is for data to mislead you so you’ve developed an instinct for double-checking and triangulating against suspicious results.
- Communication: You are an excellent communicator, both verbally and in written form. You can make an analytical argument, and you can present complex data in an understandable way.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Relevant subjects include statistics, economics, data science, computer science, business.
Extra points if you…
- Stats: Have experience with R and multivariate regressions
- Data Science: Have spent time with Matlab / Octave
- Data pipeline experience: Have experience moving data around (e.g., ETL) and auditing data pipelines.
- Masters Degree: Have a masters degree in statistics, data science, computer science, or business.
Expected Outcomes in 3 months:
- Learn Bill.com’s data models. Become fluent with our schemas. Understand our analytics tools. Know where to go to get the data we need.
- Build high-level reports for each of our growth metrics (e.g., acquisition, activation, retention, etc).
- Run 5-10 drill-down analyses in key areas.
- Contribute meaningfully in discussions around growth hypotheses.
Outcomes expected in 6 months:
- Become a data authority for at least one analytics area (e.g., activation).
- Actively propose data-driven growth hypotheses on an ongoing basis
- Humble – No ego
- Fun – Celebrate the moments
- Authentic – We are who we are
- Passionate – Love what you do
- Dedicated – To each other and the customer