Senior Customer Success Manager at ScienceLogic
Senior Customer Success Manager
Reston, VA or Remote
What we’re looking for
ScienceLogic is looking for an exceptional Sr. Customer Success Manager to join our Customer Success team. This position can either be based out of our headquarters in Reston, Virginia, or remote, and will focus on accounts in the United States. The Customer Success Manager is an informed advocate, consultant and advisor, with primary responsibility for the overall customer relationship, proactively orchestrating the customer’s Science Logic journey to successful adoption of our solutions. You have a deep sense of customer empathy, with the ability to create moments that matter. You can see the world from the customer’s perspective and understand how meeting their needs and expectations makes them feel. Successful candidates will likely have a background and/or prior experience in enterprise software Customer Success, Professional Services, Account Management, Inside Sales or Technical Support.
Who we are
The Customer Success Organization is composed of groups of highly driven and innovative Customer Success Managers, Technical Support Engineers, Professional Service Engineers, and Training Managers dedicated to delivering an exceptional customer experience. Each team member is as unique as the projects we work on, but one thing remains the same we put customers at the center of everything we do. We earn customers’ trust every day helping achieve their business outcomes with our cutting-edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring.
What you’ll be doing
As a Sr. Customer Success Manager, you are the lead advocate helping customers achieve their desired results with our solutions, whether that is improved productivity, increased efficiency, or whatever is most important to them. You have an exceptional ability to develop relationships and deep knowledge of industry best practices within enterprise software customer success. You will help evolve Science Logic’s product and platform functionality inside customer environments and business practices. You will be the driving force and chief orchestrator behind leading customers through their Science Logic journey, starting with onboarding to implementation with a key focus on enduring product adoption. You will liaise internally and externally to ensure the right Science Logic colleagues are engaged at the right time to meet the customer’s goals.
- Create moments that matter. Understand that the customer journey is about the customer’s expectations and emotions and how we make the customer feel, while meeting expectations, is critical.
- Work to establish a Customer Success plan, critical goals, milestones and key performance indicators to aid customers in achieving their business outcomes
- Understand the customer’s business priorities, overall technology landscape, organization, timeline and priorities for installing, upgrading, and maintaining ScienceLogic software.
- Understand the business drivers in a customer environment and translate this to which internal stakeholders are needed to accomplish the desired goal.
- Demonstrate knowledge/competency in the ScienceLogic product suite with the ability to speak with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific needs.
- Facilitate bringing the appropriate Science Logic resources to bear as needed to help overcome adoption barriers with our product.
- Identify growth areas, increase adoption and quote new services and licenses as required by using solution selling techniques
- Manage customer expectations through regular communication with the customer and internal stakeholders.
- Take a leadership role in delivery and positioning of other ScienceLogic service value programs to drive enablement.
- Drive internal and external discussions for expansion and growth opportunities that lead to successful renewal.
- Coordinate and host business discussions and regular status meetings with the customer to review current state and address product adoption.
- Ensure notification of major software releases and any End of Service/End of Life announcements are delivered in a timely manner to customers.
- Coordinate Product Roadmap presentations as needed or when requested by customers.
- Educate customers on the enhancement request processes and monitor the status of their requests.
Qualities you possess
Not only are you a customer advocate, but you also have the technical background to deliver the quality of service our customers expect. You know what it means to be the liaison between the business and the customer and, as one of the first people they will meet post sale. You understand the importance of making a first impression and know emotional impressions are important, where customers often remember how you made feel versus what you did. You also possess the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in business or IT-related field.
- 5+ years of experience in the IT industry in a customer facing environment with a broad understanding of datacenter, enterprise, and service provider markets
- Domain expertise or technical depth of knowledge of ITOM, ITSM, data center or cloud-based solutions and concepts and the ability to have meaningful customer conversations pertaining to Networking, Cloud, Application Development, Database technologies.
- Background and/or prior experience in enterprise software Customer Success, Professional Services, Account Management, Inside Sales or Technical Support.
- An outside-in perspective versus inside-out. You can see the world through the customer’s eyes. You seek their feedback on how we’re meeting expectations and have a deep sense of empathy.
- Knowledge of the LAER model and the use of that approach with the customer journey to effect deep product adoption and enablement for customers is desirable.
- Experience in Customer Account Management and Customer Advocacy and have proven customer facing skills.
- Self-motivated and self-driven individual with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance in handling high impact, high visibility scenarios as well as the ability to work as a strong team player
- Ability to engage in conversations at a strategic level, and at the same time have sufficient knowledge of the technical issues at hand to navigate discussions at the tactical level.
- Ability to coordinate high pressure and escalated situations, with a high degree of patience and tenacity, by involving the appropriate resources as necessary.
- Organized with strong project management skills to gain help from and collaborate with colleagues from across the company to meet customer’s needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels including senior management and technical personnel.
- Experience with CSM automation tool, such as Gainsight or Totango, SFCD and Microsoft Office Suite
- Occasional travel to customer sites will be required.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!