Senior Curriculum Specialist at NoRedInk
Title: Senior Curriculum Specialist
Location: Remote (United States)
Teaching kids to think critically and communicate effectively has never been more important, and NoRedInk helps students become better writers in more than 60% of U.S. school districts. NoRedInk is hiring experienced curriculum designers to be an integral part of our Curriculum team. If youre looking to leverage your passion for language to help students and teachers worldwide, please read on.
- Shape new writing curriculum, using knowledge of best practices, creativity, and a strong quality bar to break down skills and create highly supportive and engaging content.
- Lead large curriculum development projects, ensuring adherence to timelines.
- Develop and apply editorial processes to ensure quality.
- Closely collaborate with product managers, designers, and engineers to shape new learning experience feature development and ensure pedagogical requirements are well-represented.
- Develop internal processes to scale content creation, including exploring applications of AI.
- Conduct and apply research in user needs and pedagogical best practices to inform curriculum design and evaluate its success.
- Advise and mentor more junior curriculum designers.
- Youve lead large curriculum projects at an ed tech company from design to delivery, including overseeing editorial processes and the work of multiple contributors. Youve closely collaborated with product managers, designers, and engineers on feature development for new learning experiences.
- Youre an exceptional writer with a sharp editorial eye; you know what strong writing looks like, can expertly tailor your message to achieve your desired impact on different audiences, and can efficiently guide others achieve the same results.
- Youre a natural project manager; youre always thinking ahead, flexibly managing dependencies, and keeping stakeholders informed of progress, with your end goal in mind.
- Your strong communication skills help you to collaborate effectively within and across teams.
- You have a track record of helping others grow and achieve strong outcomes, whether through formal management or supervision or informal mentoring.
- Youre great at bringing clarity to ambiguity, applying an analytical mindset to break down problems and and creating systems to manage complex tasks.
- You’re a self-starter whos incredibly organized and tech-savvy.
- You approach problems creatively, always keeping students and teachers in mind.
- Youre deeply familiar with the K-12 education system, standards, and research in the learning sciences. Ideally, you have ELA teaching experience in grades 3-12.
- You’re hungry to make a difference in education. You bring passion, an awesome work ethic, and an entrepreneurial mindset to all your endeavors.
- Bonus points if
- Youre familiar with LLMs and best practices in prompt engineering or have the curiosity to learn more.
- You have experience analyzing quantitative data or writing code.
What NoRedInk Offers:
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded startup with strong product-market fit
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits (U.S. Only)
- 100% remote work environment
- Flexible PTO and paid parental leave
- 401(k) (U.S. Only)
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Team retreats and events to connect with fun, talented coworkers
- The ability to help millions of students and teachers and address a critical societal need
NoRedInk helps students in over 60% of US school districts become better writers. Our deeply engaging, adaptive curriculum personalizes exercises to kids’ interests, guides them through the writing process with instructional support, and boosts their skills through targeted practice. Students have completed over 10 billion exercises on our site, and our mission is to help all students harness the power of the written word.
Compensation at NoRedInk is robust and includes a full range of benefits, unlimited PTO, monthly co-working stipends, an initial home-office set up stipend, and generous equity. Our salary ranges are based on factors such as expectations as laid out in the job description, location-specific market data, internal parity, and the experience and skills of individual candidates. Therefore, the compensation range is $90,000 – $115,000 and accounts for a variety of locations and skills/experience. Please know that if you are invited to speak with a recruiter at NoRedInk, they will have an open discussion about compensation during your first call to ensure alignment.