Senior Creative Technologist at PagerDuty
Senior Creative Technologist
- REMOTE /
- PRODUCT – UX /
- FULL TIME
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values – Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself – serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
Our Product and Design teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower digital operations management systems to help software development and operations teams respond to service disruptions quickly and reduce the impact on their customers and their business.
You will be using your full range of front-end prototyping and product design thinking skills, to build interactive prototypes & design systems components with designers and engineers teams to inform the future of our product. You act as the bridge to our engineering teams to ensure design intent is met and balanced with technical feasibility.
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- As part of the Design System team, your role will be required to collaborate closely with the UX Designers, Product Managers and Engineers to deliver top-notch, polished user experiences to PagerDuty customers
- Focus on developing, evolving and maintaining design system components in React
- Bridge the Design System team with the needs of the Product Engineering team
- Be a front-end ambassador and help educate and support our product engineers on the best practices, approaches and guidelines for developing and implementing front-end UI patterns, interactions and tokens and components
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering the best-in-class user experience and care about the small details in colors, typography, spacing, reusable and scalable components
About You: Skills & Attributes
- You have a solid grasp of UX principles: you know how to make things easy to use and intuitive
- You are passionate about perceived performance in the browser (time to first paint, time to interactivity, etc.)
- You can point to things that you’ve built identifiable chunks of
- You have the basic understanding of working in the full application stack
- Your workflow involves code review, tests, source control and staging environments
- You are a self-starter, motivated and can take the lead
- You have a good understanding of the requirements for developing prototypes and proofs of concepts
- You have the ability to effectively present ideas to both technical and non-technical individuals
- 5+ years in software development in web/mobile-centric environments
- An online portfolio of work that demonstrates: Independent-thinking; DIY approaches and self-initiated project development; an interest in design and development tools; and examples of story and character-driven projects
- Proficient in writing scalable client-side code in the application layer
- Strong understanding of responsive design and the knowledge to build experiences that span mobile and desktop
- Knowledge of Sketch, Figma, and Invision
- Experience designing for more than one platform or channel (such as web, mobile, chatops, email)
- Experience planning and executing user research projects
- Experience designing the user experience for machine learning features or working with a data science team
- Experience with source control (SVN/GIT) and bug tracking systems
- Experience leveraging CSS3 transitions and animations and have experience building micro-interactions
- Experience in implementing a design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- 401K with 1% match
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Paid employee Volunteer Time – 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!