Projectline – Remote, United States
We’re searching for a contract copywriter to work with our global technology client. The ideal candidate is a creative, data-driven B2B copywriter and editor—with a knack for content strategy—who’s familiar with cloud computing. This person will also be a resourceful and versatile writer with a passion for developing a thoughtful customer journey across web and email, and will have strong cross-team collaboration skills.
- Your primary job is to write, rewrite, and edit copy across the Microsoft cloud portfolio, including the Azure and Business Applications websites. You’ll also contribute to email, digital ads, and other marketing collateral to support global campaigns.
- You’ll research SEO keywords and weave them into page copy, improve page metadata, and look for opportunities to create new content pages that capture organic traffic.
- Experienced writer. You’ve done it all—business to consumer, ads to web copy—and have the portfolio to prove it. Your sentences are squeaky clean, compelling, and conversational. You know when jargon is useful and when it gets in the way, when to add a dash of style and when to stick to facts.
- Eye for strategy. You’re a writer, but you’re obsessed with a coherent and engaging customer journey. You examine the strategy behind every piece you write and collaborate with your content marketing stakeholders to make it better.
- Brand and voice expert. You can quickly adapt to a new brand voice and nail it with each word choice you make.
- Audience obsessed. You’re laser-focused on your audience and their needs and interests. Your copy respects their time and intelligence, but never assumes that readers inherently know or care about the topic.
- Style vanguard. You’re serious about upholding style rules and offended by typos, and you instantly know how to make a bad draft better.
- Natural collaborator. You communicate succinctly and professionally and know how to take and apply feedback.
- You make even the most boring, technical concepts compelling and understandable.
- Fact-based, data-driven. You persuade with facts, not fluff. And, you always challenge your assumptions and support your word choices through research and testing.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) experience.
- Familiarity with or affinity for cloud computing.
- A degree in English (composition or literature), communications, or marketing preferred.
- 5-7+ years’ experience writing marketing copy for digital experiences; —tech-industry experience preferred.
- Previous Microsoft experience (in-house, or as a vendor or freelancer) preferred.