Senior Copywriter – Remote (Financial Services)
- Clearwater, Florida, United States
- United States
Experian is hiring a senior level Copywriter in our Marketing department at our Clearwater, Florida office. This position and reports to our Marketing Manager. The position is responsible for producing content and presentation solutions to market our financial data products.
The Copywriter develops marketing messages to support new business acquisition and produces high-quality copy for customer communications. The position also will deliver creative ways to present the content so it is truly multimedia (i.e. videos, presentations and interactive tools in addition to articles and blogs)
Position responsibilities include:
- Creating content and design items for Executive presentations
- Gaining an understanding of the specific audience group the company is intending to reach
- Gaining an understanding of the client’s competitors the marketing and promotional materials they produce
- Ensuring that text is original and not plagiarized from other sources
- Writing fluent, readable content for advertising, press releases, websites, and marketing materials
- Proofreading copy to ensure the copy is grammatically and factually accurate
- Liaising with other creatives’ to ensure projects are carried out in a timely matter as required
- Create copy from advertising brief and work orders for outbound client communications and product materials (marketing collateral)
- Assist with other company content creation and editing (white pages, tech manuals, bulletins, etc)
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships and communication with other departments
Who are we looking for?
- Experience writing for B2B, particularly in the financial industry
- Experience creating presentation content from concept to completion
- You will have successfully communicated complex (either technical or financial) concepts to audiences with varying levels of awareness and understanding
- You have a versatile writing portfolio and have written for different purposes: technical copywriting, marketing materials, legal & compliance etc.
- You have worked directly to interpret and apply a brand essence, positioning and tone of voice
- You appreciate the different requirements of text across multi device: desktop, mobile and tablet, and can adapt your execution accordingly
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4 year degree in one of the following areas: Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Mass Media, English, Business or equivalent work experience. Minimum two years of writing experience preferred
- The ability to write in varying styles and assume different tones according to the needs of the project and the target audience
- Proficient with InDesign and MS Office suite
- Research, interviewing, and script-writing knowledge or experience
- Excellent command of the English language and a good knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Able to work quickly and complete deliverables with close deadlines
- Ability to work within a team but also take ownership/responsibility for tasks
Working for a leading FTSE 50 global information services company is just one of the rewards of joining Experian. Our benefits package is designed to reward contribution and loyalty and to attract the kind of talented individuals who have their pick of employers. That is why we offer a highly competitive package which comprises:
- Competitive base salary
- Aggressive bonus plan
- Core benefits including: full medical, dental, vision, matching 401K and the opportunity to work with a global leader
Experian is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2017 was $4.3 billion. Experian employs approximately 17,000 people in over 40 countries.
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word “Experian” is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies.