Senior Copywriter at Outdoorsy
- Level: Experienced
- Remote Type: Fully Remote
- Education Level: 2 Year Degree
- Job Category: Marketing
Outdoorsy, the world’s leading online marketplace for recreational vehicle rental and outdoor experiences, is looking for a Senior Copywriter to join our team. The ideal candidate has 4+ years of experience as a copywriter in an agency or great consumer brand. If you are passionate about the outdoors and would like to work in a fast-paced startup environment building one of the most influential travel brands of our time, then we want you!
In this role, you will contribute to omnichannel marketing plans for owned, earned, and paid media for a range of campaigns and marketing objectives, including but not limited to producing ad copy, email copy, owner/renter resource content, and website copy. You will create and tell the story of our company and brand and will establish Outdoorsy as the brand people turn to get outside.
- Craft copy that communicates the value of Outdoorsy to our community of owners, renters, and travelers with a consistent brand tone and voice while supporting value props, business strategies, and initiatives.
- Write persuasive and meaningful messages that inform and inspire in a wide range of marketing touchpoints and channels, including but not limited to ads, landing pages, emails, notifications, website copy, product pages, video scripts, owner- and renter-resource content, and event collateral.
- Concept and execute materials for a brand campaign or product launch. Build out multi-channel creative platforms that demonstrate seamless integrations, including emails and ads that complement landing pages.
- Drive conversions & commercial outcomes while creating an emotional connection and bond with customers.
- Work closely with Outdoorsy’s other marketing team members across design, social media, community, PR, lifecycle, and performance, as well as cross-functionally across other departments, including product, sales, customer service, trust and safety, and business development.
- You collaborate with community to tell the stories of owners and renters.
- Take research and data to craft into brand narratives and creative assets.
- Navigate a deadline-driven environment with efficiency, flexibility, attention to detail, and ownership of the work.
- Helps fulfill cross-departmental creative requests while working collaboratively with the Senior Creative Producer and Art Director.
- Translate briefs into creative concepts, write original content that drives an audience, improves brand engagement, and converts.
- Roll out the express brand guidelines across all channels, site pages, emails, ads, and marketing collateral.
- Maintain and champion our in-house writing style guide.
- You are passionate about storytelling and have excellent communication abilities both written and verbal.
- You have a collaborative spirit with the ability to work cross-functionally to understand Outdoorsy’s priorities and help translate them into actionable initiatives.
- You have an ability to think multiplatform and write for a range of content formats with brand marketing experiences and multi-channel advertising in mind.
- You handle multiple projects at a time, prioritize, and deliver against changing priorities, multiple stakeholders, and deadlines.
- You have strong critical-thinking skills with proven problem-solving creative expertise to help drive growth, engagement, and conversion.
- You ideate and communicate creative ideas with strategic reasons to support them.
- You quickly apply feedback to work to iterate.
- You are a self-starter who will reach out to stakeholders to gather insights to raise the quality of deliverables.
- You have a strong understanding of marketing funnel and direct response advertising.
- 4+ years of copywriting experience at a creative agency or brand creative team
- A robust and diversified portfolio
- BA degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience in or a passion for travel or the outdoors a plus
- Exceptional short-form and long-form writing and editing skills that resonate with audiences.
- Strong working knowledge of brand development, online advertising, interactive commerce, and overall knowledge of the creative process
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!