Senior Communication Designer
SAN FRANCISCO OR REMOTE
LOOM TEAM – DESIGN
Loom is a new kind of work communication platform that has helped over a million people get their message across through instantly shareable videos. Our users work at companies like HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub and LinkedIn. Our mission is to be the global leader in human workplace communication. Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $15 million from top-tier investors including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst and Slack Fund.
As our first Communication Designer, you will have a strong hand in helping to develop and refine the Loom brand from an early stage. You’ll get to work on everything from the design of the Loom website, brand marketing, and brand storytelling pieces, to performance marketing campaigns, and internal culture design for events and swag.
Design is a vital discipline at Loom. By radically improving the experience of recording and sharing instant videos, we are creating a new and more humane way of communicating at work. This requires us to think big and to explore uncharted territory. That’s why we’re focused on building a diverse, and resilient design organization, full of talented people who love feedback and collaboration. Loom is a remote-first company, and Design is no exception: we’re hiring the best designers from around the world, wherever they are.
What you’ll do
- You’ll report to the Head of Design, and partner closely with the Head of Marketing, Product Marketing Managers, and the Design and Growth teams in general.
- You’ll help design Loom.com, and create a coherent user and brand experience for many different touch points of the Loom brand, including in-product graphics and illustrations and other emergent brand and storytelling opportunities.
- Put our customers first in your work and design for their best interest and experience.
- Work closely with Product Designers, as part of the overall Design team, to build a healthy and collaborative work and Design culture at Loom.
What you should have
- Extensive and relevant work experience on a Communication Design team, ideally as part of a product-oriented software company.
- A demonstrable foundation of excellence in Typography, Information Design, Color, Layout, and Conceptual Ideation. Strong illustration skills are a huge plus. Animation skills are a huge plus.
- Experience collaborating with a diverse team in a rapid growth environment. Huge plus if you’ve worked with remote teammates, and understand the communication patterns of working with highly distributed teams.
- Experience partnering with Marketing to communicate the strategy and rationale for Design work.
- A learning and growth mindset: We’re an early-stage startup, and we’re growing quickly. Our team size and our design process will evolve and change many times over the next few years. We strive to continuously improve, iterate, and integrate what we learn — from our work and with each other.
- Empathy and resilience: empathy for our customers, to build a product and a service they’ll love, and empathy for our coworkers, to build a workplace that we’ll love. Resilience to be able to take feedback from anywhere, consider it gracefully, and fold it into your thinking and your work.
- Excellent written, verbal, and storytelling skills.
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (US-based team), healthcare reimbursement (non-US based team)
- 401K with 5% company matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote-first team
- Paid parental leave
- Yearly off-site retreats (this year we went to Costa Rica for a week!)
- Learning & Development reimbursement
- Wellness reimbursement
- SF office perks
- Remote weeks every other month
- Daily in-office lunch, unlimited snacks & drinks
- Remote-specific perks
- Home office & technology stipends
- New Hire Onboarding in SF
- Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.