Senior Cloud Engineer at Prismatic
Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
Prismatic is an embedded integration platform as a service (embedded iPaaS) that empowers B2B software companies to deliver best-in-class integrations to their users. We believe software in every industry has huge potential to positively impact the people who use it, and that better, easier integrations can help software companies make even bigger impacts. Prismatic has rapidly gained traction among B2B SaaS teams ranging from startup to Fortune 100 and earned top satisfaction ratings in our industry.
Our platform empowers non-developers to build, deploy, and support integrations connecting their products to the other products their customers use. It includes a low-code integration designer, powerful dev tools for when code is the right answer, an embeddable integration marketplace, and purpose-built infrastructure for running integrations at scale.
The Prismatic platform executes millions of integrations per day, and each execution must be secure, isolated, and fast. Users build integrations by designing workflows in the low-code Designer using a combination of Prismatic Components, which wrap hundreds of third-party APIs, and custom Components, which can be built using the Prismatic TypeScript SDK to do nearly anything. Finding the right balance of usability, performance, and security presents a wealth of interesting and challenging problems.
We’re looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer who is excited to work as part of a fully remote team to help scale out our infrastructure as well as design and build the APIs and services that extend the capabilities of the Prismatic platform.
- Design and develop new services, tools, and components that extend the functionality of the Prismatic platform with an eye towards performance and security
- Play a key role in the design and implementation of new infrastructure and services to support the ever-increasing demands of a quickly growing customer base
- Discover and advocate for new technologies to accelerate improvements in the reliability and scalability of the Prismatic platform
- Collaborate with other teammates to improve our existing tools and integrate new tools to improve our internal DX and increase team efficiency
- Routinely provide sound feedback in code reviews, design reviews, security reviews, etc.
- Coach and mentor less experienced teammates
- Be part of a highly collaborative, fully remote team that ships new code into production every day
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience in a senior engineering role
- Are extremely proficient with TypeScript or Python, preferably both
- Have a passion for working on mission-critical systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, scalable, and secure
- Are experienced working with cloud-native architecture and the technologies provided by AWS, Azure, GCS, etc.
- Have a positive attitude, an aptitude for learning, and generally look for solutions instead of focusing only on problems
- Located within 2 time zones of the US Central Time Zone
- Are comfortable and effective working as part of a fully remote team
- Can pass a background check
- Are legally authorized to work in the United States
- Have professional experience with some of the following:
- AWS (Lambda, SQS, S3, ECS, etc.)
- Have demonstrable experience building and scaling distributed systems
- Have professional experience supporting production systems in AWS
- Have a GitHub or similar that you’re proud to show off
What we offer:
- Competitive total compensation package, including market-rate salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance, with HSA available
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Fully remote team working from across the U.S. with concentrations in the Pacific Northwest, the Midwest, and the Phoenix metro; several in-person team gatherings each year
- The best hardware and software tools to enable you do your best work:
- New MacBook Pro docked to big monitors
- We’re Slack addicts and use it for basically everything
- No JIRA here; Shortcut is the way
Location: US Locations Only