Senior Brand Marketing Manager at MongoDB
Senior Brand Marketing Manager
Austin, New York City,
Remote North America
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Brand Marketing team is a crew of brand strategists, storytellers, media-savvy planners, and creative thinkers with an ambition to create one of the most beloved brands in technology. The team oversees brand strategy and campaigns and develops brand experiences that connect MongoDB with our customers.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Brand Marketing to help transform the way we bring the MongoDB brand to market. Reporting to the Director, Brand Marketing, this person will define and execute brand strategy, campaigns, and experiences. They will champion engaging, fresh ideas that keep MongoDB top of mind for users. To be successful in this role, you should have a solid understanding of brand and advertising strategy and experience writing creative briefs, executing, and optimizing a full-funnel creative and media campaign. Prior experience in creative production and/or managing agencies is a bonus.
This role can be based out of our Austin, or New York City office or remotely in the North America region.
- Be a brand leader — Help establish the role of Brand Marketing at MongoDB by utilizing creative thinking and data-driven insights to drive business outcomes. Enable the marketing organization and the company to bring the brand to life.
- Manage creative campaigns — Manage and execute creative advertising campaigns that deliver against brand KPIs. Use data to optimize performance across media channels and inform future campaigns. Ensure brand advertising aligns with the marketing funnel and consumer journey.
- Collaborate cross-functionally — Partner and coordinate with product marketing, content, design, events, social & performance teams to ensure our brand is cohesive, inspiring, and delivered consistently across every touchpoint.
- Perform brand research — Run quantitative and qualitative research to utilize data to make informed decisions about the strategy and execution of brand assets
- Drive creative thinking — Blend effectiveness and creativity in order to create a best-in-class brand that incites engagement and grows our audiences. Act as a champion for new, interesting creative ideas. Be bold!
- Create brand collateral— Utilize your writing and communications skills to create presentations, copy, and content.
- Manage agency partners — Act as a key point of contact for creative advertising agencies, creative freelancers, and media agency partners.
- Optimize towards objectives — Leverage data, reporting and analytical insights to set goals, test, measure success, and continually refine our content mix and strategy toward better engagement and conversion.
- Be an audience expert — Act as an expert in understanding what works for the MongoDB community making sure that the brand has the greatest impact and resonance with target audiences.
Our ideal candidate has experience:
- 5+ years of experience as a Brand Strategist, Media/Communications Planner, Advertising or other similar role in a brand-focused environment, technology company, or creative agency
- Overseeing strategic initiatives from start to finish including: research, pitching and/or briefing, deck development, execution and oversight of project deliverables, campaign optimization
- Localizing and/or creating brand experiences for global audiences
- Successfully working through ambiguity and competing projects
You’ll be successful if you
- Own our core values and adhere to them in your work
- Are open, honest, proactively contribute, and collaborate with others
- Can tell clear stories that make complex ideas simple and resonate
- Have strong writing abilities and love crafting copy
- Have interest in becoming an expert in MongoDB’s product ecosystem and competitive landscape and making informed decisions using that information
- Ability to derive insights from analytics to make actionable recommendations
- Are energized to own and build the MongoDB brand, being a champion of creative thinking and pushing the boundaries of what our brand can become
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more