Senior Backend Engineer, Marketing Analytics at Twilio
Sr. Backend Engineer (L3), Marketing Analytics
Location: Remote – US
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sr. Backend Software Engineer on the Engage Marketing Analytics team.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we’re headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We’re on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we’re looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support Marketing Analytics as a Senior Backend Software Engineer.
As a Senior Backend Developer on Twilio-Engage Marketing Analytics teams, you’ll have the opportunity to grow and evolve a brand new product, but also to see the rapid adoption of your creation as Twilio Engage reaches new customers. This product will face enterprise-scale usage very early in its life cycle. We need to scale right out of the gate. The position will provide an amazing opportunity to contribute and make an impact on a fast paced development.
You will need to understand and articulate the trade-offs between new functionality and stability. You will need to persuade all involved to make the right architectural choices for the long-term technical health of the product.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with a collaborative team to brainstorm ideas, build new features, and scale out our platform
- Design engineering solutions, execute on projects, and debug complex systems and applications
- Reviewing code, offer improvements to practices and processes to impact the team and larger organization
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners from Product, Design, and Engineering to deliver on projects and influence product roadmaps and sprints
- Put yourself in the customers’ shoes by understanding how they use our products and advocating for solutions that represent their needs
- Cultivate a culture of empowerment and psychological safety
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Strong engineering fundamentals, with fluency in languages such as NodeJS, Go
- Experience building API products with frameworks such as REST and GraphQL
- Experience building web applications that delight customers and the developers working on them
- Experience designing, developing, and operating services in cloud-deployed environments
- Exposure to SDLC from reviewing requirements to debugging complex systems in production
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
This role will be based in the USA as a remote position.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That’s why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you’re ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,320 – $165,400.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.