Senior Backend Engineer at NS1
Title: Senior Backend Engineer (Pulsar)
- Location: New York or Remote US
We’re looking for an experienced Backend Software Engineer to join our Pulsar team. Working closely with product, design, and engineering leadership to understand business goals and desired customer outcomes. You will collaborate with the team to craft solutions that meet those objectives in the NS1 way, with a focus on simplicity and ease of use.
We’re looking for a self starter who can immerse themselves in our platform immediately, leveraging existing technical strengths and teaching themselves the systems that are new to them. You should have a broad knowledge of the technologies in modern infrastructure operations and automation and be able to offer constructive advice for improvements while using and scaling the systems in our existing platform. You’ll take responsibility for the quality of your code, and your daily work will have an immediate company-wide impact.
NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment and delivery of the world’s most trafficked internet and enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, and IPAM the familiar and universal foundations of all network and internet services to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, and control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, and The Guardian, and is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, and GGV Capital.
Pulsar is an active traffic steering engine that utilizes last-mile performance data from real end users to optimize traffic delivery. Pulsar automates traffic routing to improve the quality of experience of every end user by sending them to the most performant content delivery network or data centre.
Pulsar solves complex problems in Video Streaming, optimizing the quality of experience for all viewers while helping broadcasters and content providers get the most from their infrastructure investment by simplifying multi-CDN orchestration. We’re continuing to innovate in this space to solidify our place as a market leader.
Ideally, you’ll bring:
- Working experience in at least one: Go, Python, C++ or C
- Engineer working experience of 6+ years
- Strong experience in Kubernetes
- Preferable experience with AWS but others may be acceptable
- Strong experience with REST APIs
- Experience working with DynamoDB
- Excellent UNIX and networking knowledge
- Strong Linux systems programming skills
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Ability to design with modern internet infrastructure operation in mind, including metrics, logging, automation, etc
- Extra kudos for experience in CDNs, Video Delivery, DNS Protocol, Layer 4-7 Load Balancing, Containers, SDN, Linux kernel tuning, user-space networking
- Must have a valid U.S. work authorization to apply
Working at NS1:
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we’re also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYC’s Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 and closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire and recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off and work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop and supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming and education
- Access to employee-led affinity and social awareness groups
- Funtivities calendar – employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events and special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities and social causes
In addition to the above, we offer US Employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation time with a mandatory minimum utilized each year
- 401k through Betterment
- Commuter benefits (which we’ll use even more often once we return to the office!)
- An outstanding parental leave policy of up to 18 weeks (12 of which can be consecutive)
NS1 champions diversity – we welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!