Senior Backend Developer at Publitas
Senior Backend Developer ( Ruby / Remote / SaaS )
Deliver value every day and have an impact on the world!
Who you are
An experienced, self-driven, and pragmatic developer, who loves coding, getting things done, and has a strong focus on results. You are good at proactively solving challenges, and able to dive deep into a subject matter when required.
Just like us, you believe that business growth starts with a fantastic product. A product that people love to use and that inspires them. You desire to do things better and to improve the world around you. You believe that results and impact matter more than hours spent.
Who we are
The next hyper-growth SaaS company that keeps growing immensely especially in current times. We enable our partners to easily convert print catalogs and magazines into interactive and shoppable online publications in just minutes. Shoppers can browse through products from any device at any time, receive personalized dynamic catalogs, and shop directly from the publication.
As a remote-first (since 2016!) company, we operate through our values – honesty, respect, passion, generosity, excellence and curiosity – and through our habits – get things done, lean methodology, maker’s schedule, and more. Check them out here!
What you’ll do
As a Backend Developer, you will…
- Maintain and improve the performance, stability, and scalability of our tech;
- Develop a web software product;
- Contribute to our development, product, and design strategy;
- Deliver features end-to-end;
- Design and implement backend architecture.
Who you’ll work with
You will join Italo, Ale, Martin and Matthew in our Development team, where everyone works together and contributes to the success of our product. Felix, our Tech Lead, will be the one you’ll be reporting to. Of course, you will also be working closely together with other people from the team, like Irfan – our Tech PO, Ollie – UX Designer, and Alphonsine – PM.
- Fluency in English
- Advanced skills in the following:
- Ruby on Rails
- Distributed job processing
- Relational databases & SQL
- Cloud-based infrastructure
- Building scalable backends and APIs
What’s a nice to have
- React + Redux
- Automated tests
- Located in Europe (in European time zone)
What’s in it for you
- You will help build the software that will redefine the movement from physical to digital.
- €41.6k – €74k gross salary per year.
- 25 paid vacation days.
- A contract of indefinite duration.
- A great location-independent working environment.
- Team retreats in some of the greatest cities in the world.
- Top-of-the-line MacBook.
- Unlimited budget for the Kindle Store and Apple App Store.
- We’ll cover the costs of any conferences you want to check out.
- We’ll challenge and support you to get the most out of your potential.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!