Senior Associate, Administrative Team Operations at Teach For America
Senior Associate, Administrative Team Operations
TEAM: Org-Wide Learning and Strategy (OWLS) – Data, Reporting and Insights Team
REPORTS TO: Vice President (VP), Data, Reporting and Insights
The Senior Associate, Operations role is the backbone of Org-Wide Learning and Strategy Team’s Data, Reporting, and Insights team’s systems and operation, and is crucial to the success of our team. You will effectively run operations, while also taking on important workstreams related to our team budget, finances, compliance, and all staff engagement, all while operating with an unwavering customer service ethic. You think of yourself as a team culture leader, as your work and communication will uniquely impact every team member. You also excel at building relationships and have a track record of exercising strong judgment and operating independently in complex situations. The Senior Associate, Operations for the Data, Reporting and Insights (DRI) team will report directly to the VP, Data, Reporting and Insights. This role will work closely with DRI’s Vice President, Management Team and Chief of Staff.
The person in this role should be excited about setting up systems, getting all of the details right, and be willing to jump in and troubleshoot various issues as they arise. The ideal candidate will have impeccable organizational systems for themselves, and then also be able to think through and implement team-wide systems, policies, and procedures to help keep the team organized. They should actively seek out problems to solve, and constantly be thinking about how they can help maximize the daily impact and experience of our staff and clients.
There are more than 16 million children growing up in poverty in the U.S., and less than 10 percent of them will graduate from college. These statistics are not a reflection of our children’s potential; we know that children growing up in poverty can and do achieve at the highest levels. Rather, these statistics reflect the systemic lack of access and opportunity for children in low-income communities.
Teach For America’s (TFA) mission is to find, develop, and support a diverse network of leaders committed to expanding opportunity for children from classrooms, schools, and every sector and field that shapes the broader systems in which schools operate. We are seeking individuals who align with our mission, core values and commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusiveness and are ready to join us in this global movement.
Qualifications: THE PERSON
Team Culture and Support (25%)
- Support the Vice President throughout the performance evaluation cycle including informing team members of the timeline and requirements as well as resources and ensure all scheduling is complete by the deadline
- In partnership with the Vice President, Management Team and Chief of Staff, reflect on team culture and create a timeline to support culture and team building throughout the year
- Design, implement, and maintain systems and communication structures that maximize the team’s productivity and satisfaction
- Plan, coordinate and execute team meetings that include reflections on progress to goal, culture and team building, and professional development opportunities
- Liaise between VP, Management team Staff and OWLS Chief of Staff to support team priorities and goals and align with broader OWLS goals and initiatives
Vice President Support (25%)
- Provide exemplary administrative support to the Vice President. This includes,
- Scheduling meetings and conference calls, maintain calendars, arranging travel, managing correspondence, and securing, organizing and sharing necessary resources and information
- Design and execute systems to increase the Vice President’s efficiency and organization and ensure his time is aligned with his priorities
- Draft and/or edit correspondence on behalf of the Vice President
Project Management (25%)
- Plan and execute logistics, including travel, venues, materials, food, and agendas for subteam events and in-person and virtual biweekly team meetings
- Project manage cross-functional projects, track deadlines and provide updates, in coordination with team’s Office of the SVP
- Support logistics for OWLS wide events and meetings, as needed
- Coordinate and manage special projects, as needed
Budget Tracking and Management (15%)
- Design and manage team towards systems to ensure compliance and accuracy in the subteam budget, in coordination with team budget managers
- Track and manage towards team compliance metrics related to timesheets, laptop return, and corporate card usage
Fulfilling our Mission through Organizational and Team Priorities (10%)
- Attend and participate in all-staff team meetings and retreats
- Engage in committees and initiatives that drive the culture of OWLS
- Own and support broader regional and organizational priorities, including selecting new corps members, recruitment, encouraging alumni and corps members to join our staff, and supporting other team and organizational initiatives
THE MUST HAVES
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Experience with operations and systems management preferred
- Some weekend and evening work required
- Travel 2-4 times per year may be required
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and love of logistics and support work
- Ability to make timely decisions and demonstrate good judgment
- Exceptional customer service orientation & an ability to think three steps ahead
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships & tailor approach toward the perspective of others
- Strong learning and growth orientation
The Org-Wide Learning and Strategy (OWLS) team is charged with accelerating our organizational learning and helping to ensure that the resulting knowledge drives strategic and tactical decisions at every level of the organization. We do this through a wide variety of different supports and structures: working with leaders across the organization to define and evolve our organization learning agenda; leading internal and external research efforts; providing consultative support on high-leverage problems of strategy and practice; ensuring that data, analytics, and reporting are driving impact at every level of the organization; organizing our knowledge management work; designing and facilitating regional impact reviews centered on learning; and providing central expertise and consultative supports on how adults most effectively learn, adapt, and change.
By joining staff, you join a network of individuals committed to pursuing equity for all students and developing themselves as professionals in the process. We as an organization value the longevity of our employees and offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits plan. The salary for this position is also competitive and depends on your prior work experience. Please be advised, you will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the application process.
WE ARE DEEPLY COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSIVENESS
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Teach For America’s assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!